Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Au Secours PRIN!!!!

erykah1310
August 13th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Hi Prin ( and any other dog foody gurus on the board)

I FINALLY convinced a friend of mine to put their dog on better food ( She looked like Santas Little Helper from the simpsons but is a husky mix)

Any way to my question.... what is your opinion on Petsmarts brand of food??? I cant quite remember what brand it is. ( It starts with a V i believe)

The way I see it is Buster ( yup shes a gurl but thats her name, apparently they didnt know it was a girl puppy :confused: :shrug: ) will prolly benefit from anything other than the " No Name dry dog Food" she was eating:yuck: :sick:

It has taken me months of "gentle nagging" to convince her that the dog was starving.

Puppyluv
August 13th, 2006, 10:25 AM
The brand is "Authority". Some of them have a lot of corn, but some of them have none at all, and brewers rice is in all of them. If price is a concern, I would rather feed Kirkland than this.
Authority Adult Formula With Real Chicken Adult Chicken 16.5 lb
Top Ten Ingredients
Chicken Meal
Brewers Rice
Corn Gluten Meal
Ground Corn
Chicken
Animal Fat
Chicken Liver Digest
Dried Beet Pulp
Dried Egg Product
Canola Oil

Adult Chunk with Real Lamb 4.5 lb
Top Ten Ingredients
Lamb Meal
Brewers Rice
Corn Gluten Meal
Ground Wheat
Wheat Germ Meal
Lamb
Brown Rice
Rice Bran
Animal Fat
Chicken Liver Digest

erykah1310
August 13th, 2006, 10:34 AM
But its a big step up from NO name dog food though right??? Or atleast a step????

Puppyluv
August 13th, 2006, 10:37 AM
LOL, it's deffinately a step, I just find the ominous "animal fat" a little icky :yuck: but she'll probably be able to gain some weight at least.

Prin
August 13th, 2006, 01:08 PM
It's a tiny step... Kirkland lamb and rice would be a bigger step...

rainbow
August 13th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Why is your friend reluctant to feed her dog a better food? Is it the cost or just lack of knowledge about ingredients?

erykah1310
August 13th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Actually a little from Colum A and a LOT from Colum B!
That and basically they live by the " its a dog" philosphy:frustrated:

rainbow
August 13th, 2006, 05:57 PM
That and basically they live by the " its a dog" philosphy

Yeah, they're always the hardest people to convince. I also have a friend like that....well mostly it's her husband and he makes the rules. :(

erykah1310
August 13th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Prolly the same people !!! ITs amazing how some people will just be so "obedient"
Guy was like that with me at first but I changed that FAST :rolleyes:

Skryker
August 13th, 2006, 07:14 PM
My husband was kinda reluctant to switch to a better food at first, too. Farm kid thing-dogs eat whatever's cheapest:frustrated: . He's a convert now after seeing the big improvement in the dogs, and more importantly, after I did the math and showed him that the better food was actually cheaper, since they eat less. Maybe try that approach with your friend?

Prin
August 13th, 2006, 10:36 PM
They definitely are the hardest to convince... Even if I show them my dogs, they just chalk it up to being different breeds.:rolleyes:

But really, the kirkland one is pretty cheap (from costco).