Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Talledega nights

erykah1310
August 13th, 2006, 10:01 AM
I went to see this movie last night ( I am a Will Farrel NUT) It was hillarious!!!!!! I loved it!! Totally blew Old School out of the water!!!!
Hard to match Elf ( IMO one of his best ever movies) Has anyone else seen it yet????

Puppyluv
August 13th, 2006, 10:29 AM
I want to see it soooo badly! My cousin married into a Nascar family in the spring, and the behind her back jokes have not stopped.I haven't gone to see a movie since CRAZY, I think it's time :p

jesse's mommy
August 13th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Personally I didn't like it (nor did I like Anchorman). This is why: I think Will Ferrell is so talented and I hate that he picks movies like this and Anchorman. He has so much more to offer and can go so much further than starring in movies that are a Saturday Night Live skit stretched into two hours. I loved Elf, I loved Old School, loved Night at the Roxbury (even though that is a SNL skit), loved him in Jay & Silent Bob Strike back, and also think he did a great job in the Producers. He has the ability and I hate to see him waste his talents on crap writing like this.

LavenderRott
August 13th, 2006, 12:29 PM
God, I am old.

I don't like Will Farrell and haven't seen any of his movies. The commercials for them look really stupid. Sorry. :sorry:

I haven't watched SNL since the days of oh, Eddie Murphy, Gilda Radner, John Belushi, Dan Akroyd, Chevy Chase, etc. Now - they were funny and some of them are sorely missed.

My daughter, on the other hand thought that the movie was great and she just loves Will Farrell movies. She also watches SNL - just not on my t.v. :D

Prin
August 13th, 2006, 01:05 PM
I so want to see it... "I'm on fire!! Help me Jesus! Help me Tom Cruise!" lol :D

BTW, LR, the best time ever on SNL was when Dana Carvey, Phil Hartman, Chris Farley, Mike Myers, and all them were on it.. They were the good days. With the church lady, Linda Richman and all the rest....:love:

LavenderRott
August 13th, 2006, 01:21 PM
I so want to see it... "I'm on fire!! Help me Jesus! Help me Tom Cruise!" lol :D

BTW, LR, the best time ever on SNL was when Dana Carvey, Phil Hartman, Chris Farley, Mike Myers, and all them were on it.. They were the good days. With the church lady, Linda Richman and all the rest....:love:

Sorry. I was thinking earlier. I am still not a big fan of Dana, Phil, Chris or Mike. :sorry:

I loved Rosanna Rosanna Danna and the Samuri Deli!

Prin
August 13th, 2006, 01:25 PM
:eek: GASP!!! :eek: Lucky I have my own tv then.:D

jesse's mommy
August 13th, 2006, 01:44 PM
Ha Ha! We are watching the Best of Dana Carvey right now. :D

Prin
August 13th, 2006, 03:44 PM
oo did they show the broccoli song?

My nana she went downtown.... She bought some broccoli... she brought it hoooomme. She's choppin' broccoli... Choppin' brocoli, choppin' broccolehhhh. She chop'un. :D

jesse's mommy
August 13th, 2006, 04:15 PM
The broccoli song was the last skit on the DVD. One of my favorites is the Church Lady with Sean Penn (at the time he was married to Madonna). I'm laughing right now thinking about it.

Prin
August 13th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Oh, I don't remember that one... :( What a funny era though. If we knew then what we know now... Well.. actually no, we do know that 80's clothing was so bad, but it's making a comeback anyway.:confused:

Skryker
August 13th, 2006, 07:19 PM
oo did they show the broccoli song?

My nana she went downtown.... She bought some broccoli... she brought it hoooomme. She's choppin' broccoli... Choppin' brocoli, choppin' broccolehhhh. She chop'un. :D

I meant to add this to my list on the other thread about SNL moments. I love the broccoli song! :offtopic: