Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What will you do for your friends?

raingirl
August 12th, 2006, 10:58 AM
My best friend went to Scotland a few years ago for teachers college, met a guy, got married, had a kid, and now she lives there.

She is visiting home for the next few weeks, but her parents just moved to the middle of no where (about 20 minutes north of Newcastle Ontario).

I just agreed to drive from Brampton to pick her and the family up, drive downtown (toronto) so we can go to the taste of the danforth, then drive them home, and THEN we have to drive back to Brampton. All of this in less than 8 hours as well, because we have to be back for Odin.

Ug!!

jesse's mommy
August 12th, 2006, 12:19 PM
I always get roped into things like that. Sometimes it bugs me and I feel like I'm being taken advantage of because when I need something, everyone disappears. :frustrated:

Prin
August 12th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Yep. Been there too. People tend not to realize the burden and just plain pain in the a** they cause to other people. What I started to do to (at least) get gas money was gas up halfway on the way back. When you're gassing up and then paying for the gas and they're sitting there waiting the whole time, unless they're made of stone, it should occur to them that this is costing you money... :evil:

raingirl
August 13th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Well, they took us out for dinner as a thanks, so it was really nice actually. Because we took so much time downtown, we had to go walk/feed Odin before driivng them back. I think we drove close to 500 k yesterday, left around 10 am, came home at midnight. Because her parents live in the middle of nowhere, we got to see part of the meteor shower too. And as fate would have it, we pulled of the highway randomly looking for somewhere to eat, and found the "Bull Dog Pub"!! It was so cute and fun. Bulldog everything inside!

Plus, I got to meet my best friend's daughter, who was TOTALLY entralled with my BF. I think it's because he is philipino and very dark skinned, which she may not have seen before. She kept staring at him like he was a freak! It was so cute!