Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Just my luck!-Rant

Maxine
August 11th, 2006, 06:23 PM
My boyfriend is gone since 2 weeks in another province, and i gotta take care of Lex by myself.... And its hard! He's so use to have his master around all day and me I work outside the house so I asked a friend for his crate and after a week of h*ll, i finally got him used to it and its fine.

I took him out the crate after work and went to play at the park with his kong. After a while, i noticed blood between his claws... :eek: and a big lump and I was livid (i CANT stand blood, I had to quit nursing school lol) So I walked with him to the vet, hopefully it was near and Lex could walk, he didnt even seem to notice something was wrong with him. :rolleyes: So i went in, happy it was open, and the receptionnist told me there was no vet tonight and she gave me an appointment for tomorrow...

But tomorrow I work, all by myself, and I have appointments (aestetician). I cant call sick or I cant ask someone to replace me, I dont know any of my co-workers number by heart and my boss is in New York City cause of her grandmother is sick. Im so stuck! I'm gonna have to find someone to take my dog for me to the vet or be late to my appointment... So here I am searching deep deep in my head for someone that would bring my dog for me...

I hope Lex will be fine and I hope I wont be too broke after (already a lot of problems this month lol):yell:

This is just my luck!! Sorry it was long but I needed to vent a bit and I keep my fingers crossed :fingerscr that my boy will be fine! thanks for reading it lol I'm so upset but I know it could of been worse (I touch wood!!)

Maxine

Prin
August 11th, 2006, 09:48 PM
Is it a cut? Is it big? Or wait, I should ask- can you look at it at all? :D

I'd offer to go with him, but I have another wedding tomorrow.:rolleyes:

Maxine
August 12th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Well it seems not bad at all and he still doesnt notice it, and eat normally, so i cancelled my appointment of today cause i didnt find anybody and i reschedule it for monday, I dont work. Even if it seems fine, I want to make sure he's ok:D
So I will keep up posted on monday !!!:thumbs up

Maxine

Puppyluv
August 12th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Big Lump like this? http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=19840

Does it smell?

rainbow
August 12th, 2006, 09:53 PM
Not only the interdigital cyst but I've also heard a small piece of gravel stuck between the toes could cause something like that.

Glad you're going to the vet. Please update us on Monday. :dog: :pawprint:

Maxine
August 13th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Puppyluv,
Thank god no its not like that :eek:
Its as big as the tip of my little finger (pinky?) and its just on the side of the claw. It doesn't smell, but I suspect that something is stuck in it. If I put pressure (not hard, just to feel a bit) Lex removes his paw. After each walk I make sure to put peroxyde and he let me do it, wondering what i'm doing:rolleyes:
He stills eats normally and play and walk normally, even tho when I take him for a walk, I dont make him play too long, just in case he would scratch it again. And I try to stay on the grass with him.

I wish I still had a digital camera! I just can't wait to post pictures of my baby boy :D
I will give you more updates tomorrow in the early afternoon, thanks for caring!:dog: :pawprint:

Maxine

Maxine
August 14th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Ok... So I just got home from the vet with Lex. The vet told be that its probably an begnine tumor. :(

I don't understand why I never noticed it before, I really thought it was from last friday at the park, and that something was probably stuck in it.

He gave me Panolog Cream and told me to continue to disinfect after each walk with peroxyde and to put the cream right after.The cream will only make sure no infection will appear, it is in no way a treatment. He said that if its not resorbed (? is that the word?) by itself when we go for his neuter apointment,in a month and half, he will surgically remove it at the same time (obviously to avoid 2 anasthesia).

My puppy is only 8 months and otherwise healthy so I have hope that everything will be fine:pray: :fingerscr

Oh! I wish my boyfriend was here, or at least joinable...I feel a bit down, I have to say :sad:

Maxine

Dog Dancer
August 14th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Hey Maxine, Good on you for taking Lex to the vet. At least it sounds positive and Lex doesn't seem bothered by it. Nice that the vet said it could wait for the snip appointment rather than charge you double surgeries too. Give Lex a hug for us and wish him well when he goes under...

rainbow
August 14th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the update and glad it wasn't anything too serious. :thumbs up

I can also relate to the way you feel about not having your BF around for times like this. My hubby works out of town alot. :( I don't drive :o but I'm lucky to have a vet :angel: that will stop by before or after work if I have any problems.

Maxine
August 14th, 2006, 05:09 PM
thanks you guys for the positive messages ;)

I will keep you informed as soon as i have more informations:highfive:
If anybody had an similar experience, feel free to share!

Maxine