Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Canada's Wonderland Kennels

Maxam
August 11th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Just wondering if anyone has used the kennel services at Canada's Wonderland. We are going to be making a visit there on Sunday and I noticed the park has air conditioned kennel services for $5/day. I'm just curious how the kennel is.

Thanks.

PetFriendly
August 12th, 2006, 10:23 AM
I was there two years ago and it was quite clean even though there were about 5 dogs in that day. The staff doesn't really do much, I think you have to come and feed then and take them out for potty breaks though.

pamha
August 12th, 2006, 11:48 PM
If you are close enough I would visit & check it out ahead of time. Call ahead to see what their policies are & if you need to bring proof of vacination. We were going to use the kennel at a 6 Flags Park (similar to Wonderland from what I hear) and were told the staff doesn`t take them out or interact with them at all, we would have had to come back & take our dog out & feed her.

Maxam
August 14th, 2006, 12:25 PM
We went and placed Nera in there for the day. It is clean and air conditioned. The staff do not have any interaction with the animals as they do not open the cages once it is closed. You can supply food and water and come and go as you please to visit. We left Nera for about 2 hours at first then took her out for a walk and placed her back in and picked her up at the end of the day. She hated it. Did not want to go in. I felt bad having her in there while we were in the park but it is convient if you do not have anyone looking after them and you have to be away for a while.

They had 3 large cages and about 5 medium sized cages if I remember correctly. The staff that look after the kennel are basically one of the kids hired for the summer. I don't believe the kid there knew anything about dogs. They basically have you sign a paper and collect your $5.