Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

new here

~michelle~
August 10th, 2006, 06:53 PM
hello, My name is michelle, i have 3 baby boys... 1 medium hair orange tabby named moe, i got him in 2004 as a present from my parents and he's been my best friend ever since. I also have 2 dogs a spaniel cross named Braxton who I got from the shelter, who was abused by a previous owner, we've only had him for a little over a month but he's really come out of his shell, and last week we got a siberian husky cross from the shelter while i was at a friends wedding (i saw him and fell in love), he's 8 mos and a little hyper but a really great dog. the 3 of them get along (well the cat is starting to warm up to the husky). I have become a real advocate for promoting the rescuing of animals from a shelter people are always worried about the type of dog they'll get if they dont get a puppy, however i have witnessed first hand the joy that an animal can bring to your life and all you need is some training help and showing them unconditional love and you'll have a great pet.

LibbyP
August 11th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Welcome Michelle, you've come to the right forum, everyone(well almost) is very pro rescue/shelter animals. One of my friends also has a red haired boy named Moe, gotta love them red heads:love: sounds like you have you hands full training a new puppy good for you:thumbs up , look forward to chatting sometime, I didn't even notice you were from London, there are acouple of us here now(growing in numbers)

Jerseygirl
August 11th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Hi Michelle!
I'm new to this community as well. I did want to mention that all the dogs I've ever owned have been rescured from shelters. I'd rather save a life than buy one you know what I mean.:love: I think dogs that are rescued from the shelter are just as good if not better than full breed dogs. My girl Casey was a rescue pup & she is the most loyal, loving & protective dog I've ever owned!:queen: She's extremely smart!

Anyway, welcome I look forward to getting to know you & everyone else here better. :thumbs up

A Victor - Not A Victim
NiNa