Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Logging members out during post

puppy4ever
August 10th, 2006, 07:15 PM
I'm not sure why this happens so much but I often find by the time I am finished writing a long post, I am logged out. I then have to retype my login info and then my post has disappeared. Very frustrating. Has anyone else had this problem? If so...maybe this could be fixed (or someone could tell me how to avoid this?) Thanks.

Prin
August 10th, 2006, 07:23 PM
It hasn't happened to me (yet) but whenever I write a long post, I always highlight it and copy it (ctrl C) before I submit...

Puppyluv
August 10th, 2006, 07:24 PM
I keep myself permanantly logged in, so it's never happened to me. That's an option. Also, if you submit, and it logs you out, just hit the back button, and then copy it and relog in. When you hit "back" your post will still be in the typing box.

rainbow
August 10th, 2006, 08:15 PM
It happens to me too but I'm a slow poster. :o

I do what puppyluv said. :p

SnowDancer
August 11th, 2006, 01:51 PM
I type 120 wpm and it has happened to me. I do as Prin does - copy it over and back in - or forget about it - unless of course I have to dispense Dachshund advice.

erykah1310
August 12th, 2006, 11:54 AM
It happens to me all the time, EVERYTIME i am posting if it is long i get signed out. Also when i sign in it takes me at least 3 tries to actually sign in!
Gets a bit annoying but i hey whatcha gonna do right???

Writing4Fun
August 12th, 2006, 09:36 PM
I keep myself permanantly logged in, so it's never happened to me.
How do you stay permanently logged in? Whenever I leave the site, I'm logged out automatically.

This happens to me all the time, too. I've learned the 'back button' trick, but it doesn't always work. :frustrated:

Puppyluv
August 12th, 2006, 09:41 PM
How do you stay permanently logged in? Whenever I leave the site, I'm logged out automatically.

This happens to me all the time, too. I've learned the 'back button' trick, but it doesn't always work. :frustrated:
When you log in, click the box that says "remember me".

Writing4Fun
August 13th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Well, I'll be darned! It worked! Thanks, Puppyluv. :D :thumbs up

Puppyluv
August 13th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Well, I'll be darned! It worked! Thanks, Puppyluv. :D :thumbs up
LOL no prob!

marko
August 14th, 2006, 10:57 AM
There are a bunch of security features that are programmed into the board and that's why people sometimes get logged out.

But puppyluv is correct - clicking the remember me checkbox usually solves getting logged out when you don't want to.