Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Edmonton - Lost Black Male Cat

Nancy Rakovszky
August 10th, 2006, 02:00 AM
My lovely boy Gaston has been missing from the Bannerman (Northeast) area of Edmonton since August 6th, 2006.

He's an all black domestic medium hair cat with a fairly bushy tail. He's 12 years old, has a very faded tattoo in his ear and has a small tear on the tip of his left ear. He's got a cute "paunch" that swings when he runs.

If anyone sees him (or thinks it may be him) or manages to hang onto him, please call me at 475-3654 or email me at Rakovszky@shaw.ca

He's very loved, and very very missed.

Thank you,

Nancy

Winston's Human
August 17th, 2006, 10:49 PM
I hope he is returned to you. Sry I have no information regarding him, but I know what its like missing a beloved cat.

Nancy Rakovszky
August 17th, 2006, 11:21 PM
Thank you Winston's Human, I imagine you know just how much your post means to me. It sounds like you and I are in the same boat. My boy Gaston has been missing now for 11 long and sad days. Almost the same time as your Winston has been missing.

Although I have read many posts about cats returning after long periods of time, I do not hold out much hope. Do you?? I want to keep the hope, but I also can't go on grieving like this.

We were at the pound yesterday looking again, and there was a woman there who was borrowing a cat trap. Edmonton allows people to borrow the traps as long as they sign a form saying they will be responsible about it. Though I absolutely abhor the whole idea of trapping cats, I almost wish my boy had been trapped, because at least he'd be home with us right now.

I'll say a little prayer for Winston, and you say a little prayer for Gaston, okay?

Thanks again.

Winston's Human
August 18th, 2006, 02:30 AM
By all means Ill say a prayer.

I think I hang on to the long shot stories of how cats have returned after long periods of time. Not knowing their fate allows for some hope. That's the trade off I think, there is no closure because we don't know if they are dead, so that allows for hope. If there is no hope then there has to be some form of closure.

Do I have hope? Yes. Maybe I am foolish to have hope, but I do. I have imagined every scenario of what happened to him. Some bring tears and hurt, others bring hope that maybe all the things I love about him I will get to experience again. I keep fresh food and water outside in case he returns in the middle of the night and we don't hear him.

I understand so much of what you're experiencing, and Ill pray and hope that we both get our beloved cats back home where they belong.

WH