Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Cat had a minor stroke! PLEASE READ!!

Herp-Art
August 8th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Edited by admin

Bashing a mod will not be tolerated! This member has been warned!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, to the point at hand, She did have a minor stroke...it appears to have been a combination of things, age, and the high altitude which DEHYDRATES EVERYONE more, especially in summer...This all caused an imbalance in potassium and electrolyte levels. HERES THE POINT , WATCH FOR CHANGES IN YOUR ANIMALS DRINKING HABITS!! IF THEY CHANGE, BE CONCERNED!! As I am not around in the day, as a lot of folks are not...measure the H2O given in the AM and look to see how much has been drank when you get home!! ANYWAY, SHE IS OK ...AND SHOULD NOT HAVE ANY LASTING EFFECTS AS WE WERE THERE TO HELP HER THROUGH IT!!
THANK YOU ALL FOR THE CONCERN....BLESSED BE & NAMASTE, ART:cat:

badger
August 8th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Glad to hear your cat will be OK. They don't have 9 lives for nuthin'!
I was just thinking, for emergencies such as this, since you are in a remote area, maybe you could get some Pedalyte. It is an infant rehydrating solution and contains the electrolytes in proper balance. I believe the right proportions of water, sugar and salt will do the same.

Herp-Art
August 8th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Thanks Badger...I will take that one to heart...a small investment that could be VERY worthwhile, didn't think of that! THANKS AGAIN! Art

LM1313
August 8th, 2006, 11:15 AM
I'm so glad your kitty is going to be okay! I'm sorry people got snippy, unfortunately a lot of posters don't call the vet and expect the board to be a substitute. :( Although personally I did get the impression from your original post that the vet had been called . . . it's not like you could magically teleport to him with your cat.

Herp-Art
August 8th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Yes, I am quite thankful she will be ok also...I guess I am of the unusual type...I read and take ALL to heart...NEWBIES READ ALL INFO!! It states in all the info prior to posting that if there is a crisis situation to immediately consult a pro for help! And again thanks for all the Blessings ,concerns and advice! :offtopic: Art

LavenderRott
August 8th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Bashing mods isn't nice.

You would be surprised at the number of people who join this forum just to post about a health problem that their pet is having in hopes that we can answer all of their questions and a vet will not be needed. One guy spent so much time argueing and making excuses that his puppy died!

Glad to hear that your vet made it to your place in record time and your cat is going to be ok.