Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

You are all a bad, bad influence!

Esaunders
August 7th, 2006, 01:49 PM
After listening to you all, it looks like I may be getting involved in fostering. :crazy: What have you DONE to me!

cpietra16
August 7th, 2006, 03:07 PM
YAHHHH...We've turned you into an:cat: :angel::dog:

Esaunders
August 7th, 2006, 03:35 PM
I might be fostering an english setter rescue. I've let them know that I'm willing anyway. We'll see, I've volunteered before and its not been needed.

I think that its really due to my wonderful ES pup. I look at him all the time and wonder how anyone could possibly get rid one of these lovely dogs. I don't understand it.

:dog:

Prin
August 7th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Try not to get too attached. (It's impossible...) :)

Frenchy
August 7th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Good for you :thumbs up ahhhhh,fostering english setters...lucky you ! We should start a poll ; after how many fosters (or weeks,months) will you adopt a second one....:D my number ; fourth foster,my beloved Sam.:love: Keep us posted!

coppperbelle
August 7th, 2006, 06:52 PM
:D Hunter was my first foster.

Good for you for considering fostering. You will find it very rewarding.

erykah1310
August 8th, 2006, 05:51 PM
I havent fostered very many dogs ( 3 total) and I didnt keep one of them, dont think i dont think of them everyday though.
It is SOOOO hard to let them go, but I like meeting the people that they go to, ( it helps me)
I havent fostered any cats, ( we all know i have ENOUGH )
I do however keep my own little 'rescues'
Thanks for fostering it helps so much!

Toonces
August 8th, 2006, 06:32 PM
YAY!!! Another foster home! Have fun and good luck, I am sure you will enjoy the experience,we are on # 7 for a german shepherd rescue and have managed to not keep one, we have 2 of our own so if we kept any we would be at our limit, sad to let them go but it is to good homes so well worth a few tears

Esaunders
August 9th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Well, good news!!!!

I won't need to foster this one, he's found a family. :highfive: What a lovely reason not to be needed.

lovemycats
August 16th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Hi all, I am currently a cat owner and have to male brothers about 8 yrs old. How does one go about fostering a cat. What are some of the things involved? If someone can provide me with info, I may look into doing that.

Thanks a bunch! :crazy:

cpietra16
August 16th, 2006, 08:45 AM
Hi Lovemycats....just call your local rescue groups and they will give you all the details. There are never enough foster homes, so if you can help. I'm sure they will be eternally greatful....and its fun too, by the way. ;)

lovemycats
August 16th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Great idea. Thanks.