Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

puppy humping air....???

jiorji
August 7th, 2006, 02:36 AM
I was down at the pet store the other day hoping i could pretend to be interested in a doggie and play with him/her for a while. Just because they're pet store animals it doesn't mean they shouldn't get lovin' !
But i didn't get to do that. too crowded.

They had 3 puppies playing and one of them the Boston Terrier was walking around and doing this thing with his hips,like he was walking and humping air.

What is that?? He wasn't humping any of the other puppies...so I'm stumped. Could it be that hip malfunction??

MyBirdIsEvil
August 7th, 2006, 04:13 AM
Uhhhh...that's...interesting :confused:

I have NEVER seen that *blink*.

pitgrrl
August 7th, 2006, 08:59 AM
One of my dogs did that once. I spent 10 minutes freaking out because I thought he'd hurt his back or something, only to realize (as I was picking up the phone to call the vet :o ) what was actually going on.
It was especially weird because I don't think he'd actually humped anything in years.

jiorji
August 7th, 2006, 10:12 AM
ok ....what was it??:confused:

cpietra16
August 7th, 2006, 02:07 PM
From experience...humping air, close to another dog is a sign of dominance. WInnie our lab, does that when she walks by our cats...she just starts humping the air...we learned to live with it.:yell: :p
In my case it is a an obvious sig of dominance.

BoxerRescueMTL
August 7th, 2006, 05:07 PM
It can also be a sign of over stimulation and excitement.

Shaykeija
August 9th, 2006, 01:32 AM
Akeija my female dog used to walk up to a leather coat of mine. look at it and air hump like crazy. Never did that with any other coat except that one.