Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What kind of lowlife loser would....

Puppyluv
August 7th, 2006, 01:12 AM
At work, our tip jar, which is pretty large, is "bottomless" in that the bottom of the jar has been removed so that they can't be stolen. If someone tries to pick up the tips, all the money falls out the bottom. Today at work, about 5 minutes before I started, a guy came in at the end of a busy lineup and asked for the worker at the cash for a glass of ice water, a common request. While the cashier had his back turned to get the ice, the man slid the tip jar to the edge of the counter, and dumper it all into his bag, then ran out to where he had a bike waiting. The cashier chased him on foot about 2 km, but then lost him. Seriously, who steals the tips?? Do they have no decency at all??? It's not even like they are "screwing the man"... the company doesn't have anything to do with the tips. He was stealing directly from the employees. He planned it so well. He made sure he was at the end of the line, after a bunch of people so that all of the staff would be occupied. He knew the tips were bottomless, he had his bike waiting ready to go, he asked for something free that would make the one free employee turn their back.

ARRRGGH I'm just so upset. It's not even about the money (about 300)! It's the whole thought of it. Did he have no human decency?????

jiorji
August 7th, 2006, 02:29 AM
wow..that guy's a loser!
I bet he feels real proud of himself too.

mastifflover
August 7th, 2006, 09:07 AM
That is disgusting. But karma will get the low life.

OntarioGreys
August 7th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Probably related to the lowlife that got fired from where I work for stealing a bunch of donated new toys purchased by his co-workers. The company had set out a large bin, for employees to place brand new toys they wanted to donate to the United Way Christmas toy drive for ther areas less fortunate children,

papillonmama
August 7th, 2006, 10:04 AM
That stinks, someone did that to me too when I worked slinging coffee, except it wasn't a tip jar, it was a donation box. Honestly, I didn't even notice for a couple of hours, I was working the over-night shift, and was pretty sleepy. The way I feel when I lose money or if it gets taken from me in some unfortunate manner is that there must be someone who needs it more than me, after all, every once in a while, I find money too, for me, it's a kharma thing.

technodoll
August 7th, 2006, 01:34 PM
that is totally unbelievable :eek: i'm... out of words. :eek: WTF is WRONG with people??? :confused:

BoxerRescueMTL
August 7th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Crap, puppylove that sucks!! Must be something in the air. We had the owner of those two senior boxers we have for adoption drop them off at our vet - he had promised to leave a donation towards their vet bills since they are going to be about $600. He just dropped off the dogs with nothing but their leashes. Not even their vet records he had also said he'd leave. People suck.

Prin
August 7th, 2006, 06:12 PM
$300 in tips? Wow...:eek:
That happened to me when I was in Whistler.. When the hill closed at 3 we'd get a mad rush, and my manager and other employee got stuck on the "sea to sky highway" because of an avalanche so I was all alone in the cafe. I ran out of milk and while I went around back for 2 seconds to get it, somebody stole my tips. It was just ridiculous. Everybody could see I was alone and suffering, and this person did it anyway. :sad: People really suck.

dtbmnec
August 8th, 2006, 01:24 AM
People do suck.....

Perhaps you could put the tip jar on a box? have the money fall into the box and lock the box to the table or wahtever? just a thought for "improvement"?

Megan