Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

If you could relive one moment...

Prin
August 6th, 2006, 09:31 PM
which moment would it be? And I don't mean to go back and change things; I mean to just relive it and feel it all over again.

One of mine would be the day after I got home from Whistler. My head was throbbing still and my eyes were bloodshot as hey from my fresh concussion, and I was in the parking area of my dad's condo building putting my summer tires on my car. I'm all greasy and gross and I hear, "Hey, you're back!" I look up and hanging off the second floor is the security guard guy. "Is it too late to say "Welcome home?" and I said, "No, my car's still not unpacked so it's like I just got here." And then he said, "Well, welcome home then. Catch this," and he threw me down a white water lily. I caught my first flower from a guy ever with my greasy, dirty hands.:love: I dunno. Something about that moment reminds me both how independent I am and the thrill of the beginning of a relationship...

(btw, I'm still with the Mr Security Guard, even if he's not "securing" anymore...:))

jiorji
August 6th, 2006, 09:51 PM
awwwwwwwww....that's cute
did he keep his security uniform?? to quote you "reer". my ex used to do security too and well he was required to wear it around me at times *giggle*

the only time I got flowers from a bf was after he broke up with me over the phone giving no explanation and then he sent flowers to say thanks for the great times we shared:frustrated: :eek:

hmmm let's see......well I'd like to relive my trips to Paris. And relieve those moments at my grandparents' house when I was a child.

Prin
August 6th, 2006, 09:52 PM
What, no details? No visuals? :D

His security guard uniform was really crappy. I'd much rather see him in a suit... reer indeed.:D

jiorji
August 6th, 2006, 10:09 PM
well Paris is just awesome. It's one of my favorite places and at night it's just so pretty. And i LOVE the rooftops! I own 100+ pictures of rooftops and streets from Paris.
The best part was those out of town trips i took with my aunt to those remote French villages with a randomly placed chateau. We had a picnic by this little river and these fat cows were chilling in the grass on the other side of the river and then church bells were ringing in the background. That was a pretty nice. There's these old medieval towns with these houses that look like they're going to fall apart any moment and then you see about 5 bright and shiny new model cars parked on the street. lol surreal.

and the visual..
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y190/guineaPIGgirl/23.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y190/guineaPIGgirl/Untitled-32-1.jpg

Stacer
August 7th, 2006, 09:12 AM
I would want to relive the moment my man asked me to marry him. It was so surreal, and I don't remember all that was said. I would change one thing about that moment though, we were in St. Stephen's Green in Dublin, we were tucked away in a hidden part of the park and there happened to be a drunk Dubliner rolling around on a big flat rock nearby, I'd get rid of him. Luckily he was far enough away that we couldn't hear him and he couldn't hear us (cause I was crying like a baby!)

jiorji
August 7th, 2006, 09:15 AM
there happened to be a drunk Dubliner rolling around on a big flat rock nearby, I'd get rid of him. Luckily he was far enough away that we couldn't hear him and he couldn't hear us (cause I was crying like a baby!)

there was only ONE drunk in Ireland??...hmm...odd :rolleyes:

Jackie467
August 7th, 2006, 01:49 PM
I wish I could go to paris. I think I'd have to relive the last dinner and ride I had with my dad before he died. I never was very close to him but something made me really miss him so I asked him to go to dinner. We ended up riding on his motorcycle (something I normally didn't like to do) and after dinner he asked me to go for a ride. I told I didn't want to and maybe later, but half way home I changed my mind and we turned around and just rode for a while. I don't know what possessed me to change my mind but I'm glad I did because that was the last time I ever saw him before he was in the comma and didn't even know I was there. I really wish I could relive that.

cpietra16
August 7th, 2006, 03:18 PM
I loved so many different parts of my life and I would love to relive most of them...:cloud9: the first time I found out I was pregnant after 7 years of trying IVF, the second and third child that came right after with out IVF:rolleyes: but I have to admit that when I first read this post I just thought of a few that I would really really relive just so that I could change the way I responded, or change the action I took....and hopefully change the outcome...:frustrated: Ahhh well what ever will be will be:)

HunterXHunter
August 8th, 2006, 11:30 AM
I loved so many different parts of my life and I would love to relive most of them...:cloud9: the first time I found out I was pregnant after 7 years of trying IVF, the second and third child that came right after with out IVF:rolleyes: but I have to admit that when I first read this post I just thought of a few that I would really really relive just so that I could change the way I responded, or change the action I took....and hopefully change the outcome...:frustrated: Ahhh well what ever will be will be:)

Wow...you would want to relive 3 child births :confused:
I'm a guy and even I know that 1 hurts like hell...that's brave indeed...you're my idol

cpietra16
August 8th, 2006, 11:49 AM
HunterxHunter...its just called great drugs:D
Bsides it took me 7 years so it was well worth everything:)

jesse's mommy
August 8th, 2006, 04:37 PM
I feel so pathetic. This thread has been open for almost three days now and I can't think of any moments I would like to relive. Wow, I must be living a pretty crappy life. :frustrated:

erykah1310
August 8th, 2006, 04:40 PM
If I could relive..... what would it be?????
There are so many things but really the most memorable , tingly thing I can think about ( and havent stopped thinking about for over 8 months now) The night when me and that guy had our little 'episode' talking and kissing and hugging and so on.
Just being together was incredible.:cloud9:

:offtopic: Bsides it took me 7 years so it was well worth everything WOW!!! 7 years!! I bet that was the most incredible news, knowing that you were finally pregnate after all of that!!! :)

heidiho
August 8th, 2006, 04:48 PM
For sure when i came to Maui and seen my ex after 14 years,when he opende the door and got out of the limo and looked jsut as hot as he did 14 years ago,yeah,that is the moment

Frenchy
August 8th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Don't feel bad Jesse's mommy,I've been thinking and thinking,can't find anything either :shrug:

Rottielover
August 8th, 2006, 05:46 PM
I have no moments I would like to relive. I would have loved to say seeing my daughters face when she was born, but I was too stoned, and did not want to see her

rainbow
August 8th, 2006, 06:28 PM
Well, I'm with the rest of you that don't have any moments. :o

:offtopic: Well, except for the odd seniors moment :p but that's a little bit off topic. :offtopic:

Skryker
August 8th, 2006, 06:32 PM
I had to think about this, too, since my brain was immediately flooded with moments I would like to relive so I could change them. :o . What can I say, I'm kinda a klutz and a spaz at times. :p

I would like to relive the first night my guy and I spent in our first apartment. It was just his at first (for a whopping 3 weeks before I moved in-lol) and he had just about nothing in there. So we made a nest of blankets on the floor and cuddled up. We actually meant to go back to my place to sleep, but fell asleep there. It was a nice night, and one of the early moments where I knew he was the right guy for me!

CyberKitten
August 8th, 2006, 07:57 PM
There are many I'd like to relive - (after taking into account first dates, weddings, proms, etc, etc). Learning to walk again stands out - taking that first step, on my grandpa's birthday! Even if it was on those bars, I was standing and not prone - as I;d been for almost a year in various casts and traction. It was never clear I would walk again and I had come to terms with that - I would manage somehow I figured but learning to do it again was awesome!! I don't wish the reasons for it on anyone but experiencing what so many take for granted was priceless - at the risk of sounding like those VISA commercials, lol

Prin
August 8th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Really, how can you not have any?
Jesse's mommy, what about the day you got Jesse?
Frenchy, what about the day you got Daisy?
Maybe?

Another one of mine was when my man the security guard took me to the top of Habitat 67 (the building he used to 'securitize'). He took me up to the top floor and then into this secret hallway above the elevator shaft that led to this tiny iron ladder. We climbed up the ladder and came out this little trap. Then we were standing on top of the highest cube of habitat. Crazy. With a 360 degree view and the river on both sides and the city and all the bridges... My man doesn't work there anymore and my dad moved, so it was a once in a lifetime thing...:cloud9:

Here's habitat, in case you don't know what the hey I'm talking about...:o

heidiho
August 8th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Is that for real,that is awesomeee

Prin
August 8th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Yeah, it was kinda scary, because there aren't really any edges on top; it's mainly just flat with some drains... And the wind is really strong...:eek: But it was fun.

heidiho
August 8th, 2006, 10:37 PM
are they apts???

Prin
August 8th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Yeah. You can buy cubes. The smallest is 1 cube and the biggest is 8.

heidiho
August 8th, 2006, 10:41 PM
That is the wildest building i have ever seen

Prin
August 8th, 2006, 10:43 PM
It was built for Expo 67 (in 1967 ;)). Problem is, it was supposed to be taken down after the expo, so it wasn't designed for long term things and as such needs so much maintenance. The condo fees (or "shareholder fees" because they're not really condos) are higher than any sane person would pay. Wayyyy higher. :rolleyes: People live there mostly for status, IMO. But once you live there for a while, you start to see the cracks and the flaws... And the 1967 elevators take forever!

technodoll
August 9th, 2006, 08:30 AM
I've always wanted to know what it was like in there! are the hallways in orange shag carpet? LOL!! :D

Bearsmom
August 9th, 2006, 08:39 AM
I'd relieve the moment I told my husband I was pregnant. (After being told I'd never have kids....) AND (because I want to have 2 moments I'd relive), the day our son was born.

Mahealani770
August 9th, 2006, 10:15 AM
Prin,
That is the neatest building I've ever seen. How much does it cost to live there and in what part of the country is it?

Mahealani770
August 9th, 2006, 10:26 AM
A moment in time that I would want to relive over and over again is.....the last time I saw my Mom. She flew down here to Atlanta, from Ohio, to spend Valentine's Day week with me and her boyfriend. This was Feb 2003.
My Mom took me to every restaurant that we ever loved to eat at, she took me clothes shopping, bought all kinds of stuff for my new house, and gave me most of her clothing. I couldn't figure out why she was going all out for me but I enjoyed it. The last day she was here, we were sitting in my living room on two different lazy boy rocking chairs just watching a little TV before she was to head off to the airport. She asked me if I needed any more money and even though I needed it badly, I said no because she had already done enough for me that week. I walked her to the front door and we hugged on the steps. I watched her walk down my driveway and get into her rental car. After she got in she opened the passenger side window, looked up at me (almost through me), and said,
"I love you honey!!" With tear-soaked eyes I yelled back,
"I love you too Mommy!! I'll miss you!!" I stood there on my porch, watching her drive off until I couldn't see the car anymore. I was sobbing.
The next thing I know...I'm getting a phone call that my Mom had committed suicide. I lost my mind that day and haven't quite been the same since. If I could have that moment back, where my mother was almost looking through me, I would've ran down the hill, grabbed her, and never let her go.
Thanks,
~M~

joeysmama
August 9th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Oh Mahealani, I am soo soo sorry !! I just cried and cried reading your post. It's so difficult to lose a parent under any circumstances but I can't imagine the kind of pain you must have felt. I'm sure that she loved you very much, and that you love her.

My heart goes out to you !

rainbow
August 9th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Oh, that's very sad indeed. :sad: :grouphug:

doggy lover
August 9th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Ok I have 4 moments, the birth of my two kids ( never did use drugs ). The last week that I spent with my grandmother in England before she passed away a month later due to cancer and the last night I spent with my grandfather we had a great conversation that night, he had a massive heart attack the next day and was gone:rip: , 2 weeks after my daughters birth. Ok one more the 9 1\2 years that I had with my last dog Travis.:angel:

Prin
August 9th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Aww, Mahealani. What a sad story but a great moment.:grouphug:

I've always wanted to know what it was like in there! are the hallways in orange shag carpet? LOL!! There aren't any hallways really... The doors to the apts are outside and to get there, there are outdoor walkways. The idea was that it would be like having a house, only it would take up less space than a house. So theoretically, you can't see any other apartments from your windows (that's one thing my dad misses in his new place).

Prin,
That is the neatest building I've ever seen. How much does it cost to live there and in what part of the country is it?It's in Montreal, on a little peninsula just south (or east if you look on a map ;)) of the old port and downtown. How much does it cost? Well... Too much and you don't get any services. It's got the second highest condo fees I've ever heard of and no pool, no gym, nothing. You even have to pay extra for parking. It's pretty ridiculous. They've got so much staff just for maintenance, and the costs of the actual upkeep are skyrocketing. It's a historical building, but IMO there are way nicer condos with way more services for less than half the price of a place in habitat.

The only thing that nothing has but habitat is the view. Because of the design and the fact that it's on a peninsula, most residences have a view on at least two sides and the windows go from floor to ceiling. Here's their official site:
http://www.habitat67.com/home.html

I found it yesterday when I was looking for a pic and I was shocked! because my dad's wife's garden is on their site. It was very controversial at the time because she "created" it in a common area (it's on the walkway from the elevator to their old apt), and people complained that they were hijacking a common area... They said anybody was free to use it, but nobody ever did.
This is her garden: http://www.habitat67.com/residences_en.html

AliSam
August 9th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Oh Mahealani, that is the saddest thing I have ever read.

Mine would be swimming with the dolphins in the Dominican last year.

Mahealani770
August 9th, 2006, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the support ladies, but I must apologize to Prin. I know she didn't intend for this to be a sad or heavy thread but I really couldn't think of anything else. :sad:
Thanks again,
~M~

Prin
August 9th, 2006, 10:12 PM
I just wanted depth and depth I got.:) :grouphug: