Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Animal welfare education

Maya
August 6th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Has anyone taken this course or anything like it? I would like to expand my knowledge of animal welfare/care etc. so i'm looking around for ideas. I would need to find something that started with some basics and gave the option of doing one course at a time.

http://tru.ca/schs/dist_ed/awcp/index.html

rainbow
August 8th, 2006, 01:07 PM
I've never taken a course like that but it definitely sounds interesting. I'd say go for it...you can never learn too much. ;)

LibbyP
August 8th, 2006, 02:05 PM
I would suggest going to or calling your local Humane Society for your area and talking with them regarding courses on animal welfare. Some are only offered through Humane Society, ie agents course, this course is one/two weeks and you get an in-depth training on all aspects of animal welfare and the laws. You might want to start off by doing some volunteering first, just a suggestion good luck:thumbs up

Maya
August 8th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the tip of calling the humane society I didn't know they offered short courses. I have done some volunteering but I found it frustrating to be doing all the dirty work like cleaning and not actually being able to watch how the animals were being cared for apart from feeding them. Perhaps I will look into some different places again.