Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I need ideas for indoor games.

amaruq
January 29th, 2004, 09:17 AM
We are so cold here!!!!!! Right now it's -40 with wind chill of -55.

The dogs are getting depressed....they lay on the couch all day...most of the time cuddled up with each other. The 2 Motzi (BC and Dal) Lizzy (all dal baby) are getting on each other's nerves. I have been doing the bubble thing and hide and go seek.
I get down on the floor and play with them but can't be too rough as they will get agressive.

So any idea's people please?????

LavenderRott
January 29th, 2004, 09:25 AM
We throw a ball down the hall for our beagle. Don't know how that would work with more then one dog, but it is great fun with just one.

homer
January 29th, 2004, 09:30 AM
Hi,

I read this post he other day...maybe it can help you too.
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2847

Homer

Lucky Rescue
January 29th, 2004, 10:15 AM
I've been having the same problem with the cold.

I have a very large finished basement. I play tug with my dog there, or get a squeaky stuffy (which she is a maniac over) throw it, grab it and tug with it before finally letting her rip it to shreds.

I also find that chewing and stripping large meaty bones keeps her busy for quite awhile and she usually conks out after she finishes.:D

Spoiled
January 29th, 2004, 02:33 PM
I have the same problem with Bentley. What we do is walk and run in figure 8s or circles really fast, really slow, or medium. We stop lots of times so that we can practice our "stop-sits". We also play fetch. There are lots of neat balls out there that you throw, and they bounce any which way. I have a green dice one for my dog. They just seem to love them. Also you could get a new toy, like a "Jolly Ball" and give it to them to play with. Its warming up over here, so hopfuly it'll warm up where you live.:D

amaruq
January 29th, 2004, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the ideas......I would do the figure eights but mine are bigger dogs and well I could loose something lol!
I been trying to alternate toys too.
Thanks again

wAggie
January 30th, 2004, 12:03 AM
put Milkbones into the Kongs!

Carina
January 30th, 2004, 07:24 AM
Can you throw a ball down stairs so they get more tired out? Or find some tricks to teach them...?
Wow, that is COLD! I take the dogs out when it's in the single digits (mine are OK with cold). But when it's really cold, or cold + windy, the most they get is some ball throwing in the yard...we play hide & seek & "puppy pushups" inside too. :)