Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Computer Trouble

rainbow
August 6th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Computer Trouble

I was having trouble with my computer. So, I called Harold the computer guy to come over. You know the type; thick glasses, unshaven, pocket protector full of pens, pencils and Sharpie markers.

Harold clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem. He gave me a bill for a minimum service call.

As he was walking away, I called after him, "So, what was wrong:" He replied, "It was an ID ten T error."

I didn't want to appear stupid, but nonetheless inquired, "An ID ten T error? What's that...in case I need to fix it again?"

The computer guy grinned...."Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten T error before?"

"No", I replied.

"Write it down", he said, "and I think you'll figure it out".

So I wrote out ...... ID10T

CyberKitten
August 6th, 2006, 09:53 PM
That's just plain rude on his part - I'd never call him again, needless to say. He should have explained in clear language what the problem was and how to ensure it does not occur in the future. What may seem tivial to him is not to someone who does not work hourly in his field.

Fortunately, not all computer repair ppl are like him. I'd find someone new. Quickly! And I'd even demand an apology and report him him to the BBB - if he insists on being that arragant. Sure, he fixed it - as far as you know - but how do you know if he overcharged you and there is no way you have to tolerate that kind of insult.

jesse's mommy
August 6th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Ummm, CK, you know this is a joke right? :o

Prin
August 6th, 2006, 10:33 PM
lol :D :D :dog:

jiorji
August 6th, 2006, 10:40 PM
That's just plain rude on his part - I'd never call him again, needless to say. He should have explained in clear language what the problem was and how to ensure it does not occur in the future. What may seem tivial to him is not to someone who does not work hourly in his field.

Fortunately, not all computer repair ppl are like him. I'd find someone new. Quickly! And I'd even demand an apology and report him him to the BBB - if he insists on being that arragant. Sure, he fixed it - as far as you know - but how do you know if he overcharged you and there is no way you have to tolerate that kind of insult.

LOL umm....I think that was a joke :rolleyes: