Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog Grooming Course

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 6th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Has anyone here taken a dog grooming course or is a dog groomer.

It is something I think I would be interested in learning for personal use and being able to groom Joey..... right now Joey desprately needs to be groomed and I am having a hard time co-ordinating with the groomer. I try to do a bit my self and Joey is really good but he always looks the same when I am done. :p

How long is the course and what could I expect to learn once its over? :)

Prin
August 6th, 2006, 11:05 AM
I thought about taking the one they have here to get my license or whatever you get but it was something like $600 for the course, so nevermind that. :D :o

OntarioGreys
August 6th, 2006, 06:53 PM
I thought about taking the one they have here to get my license or whatever you get but it was something like $600 for the course, so nevermind that. :D :o

2 1/2 years of grooming just one of your dogs yourself, instead of sending it to the groomers and the course is paid for

Prin
August 6th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Yeah, but I have short haired labish dogs, so I never pay for grooming anyway... :o

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 6th, 2006, 10:13 PM
maybe I will check into it - not sure what they would have available here - but its worth looking into it. :D

muckypup
August 7th, 2006, 02:13 PM
I have seen night classes put on by the city school board for people who want to just learn how to groom their own pet.

I went to grooming school when I decided to become a groomer as a career. Those schools run approx. $5000.00 to $10,000.00

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 7th, 2006, 04:18 PM
that is all I would need - I have seem some online courses and DVDs you can buy. I think an actual person teaching would be more effective. :D

Ed U KayShawn
August 8th, 2006, 07:28 PM
hi there should be a dog grooming course at the local community college! It would be short and probably about 100 bucks, also check with your local groomers and see if they are interested to teach you for a price etc. you may be able to get a 4 or 5 thorough lessons and voila! your done! Be sure to mention you only want to be trained on your specific breed, therefore they will not feel threatened, and uhh hummm, groomers are "artists"!! often times so they can be a little, perhaps sensitive:p !! .... or maybe that was just the ones i worked with and met and... !!! :p