Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

CBS Promoting BYB

catsnatcher-CDN
August 6th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Right Now, The show, Sunday Morning, is promoting designer breeds. The man who invented the puggle has now invented the mini st.bernard. You should see the cages of dogs he has!

It's very sad. :sad:

I use to love this show! I can't believe they're promoting this!

Marion63
August 6th, 2006, 10:17 AM
That is sooooo wrong, I wish BYB would stop designing a breed..and people should not be buying them, there is no health record etc.
IMHO only CKC and AKC breeders should be breeding their own specific breed.
I am appaleed that people are shelling out mega bucks for a designer breed..
IMHO it is a MUTT..
Having said this, my dog is a MUTT and I would not have it any other way..
She is a rescue though..
Marion

Prin
August 6th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Boooooooooooo.:sad:

Golden Girls
August 6th, 2006, 12:37 PM
that's awful

MyBirdIsEvil
August 6th, 2006, 03:43 PM
A mini St Bernard? What's the point. The St Bernard was originally a working breed, a mini St Bernard would be of no use, not to mention it would completely NOT meet the breed standard.
Really I don't agree with breeding ANY working dog without their working ability in mind, because you inevitably end up with dogs that aren't quite as intelligent, and later generations may not even have the ability to do what they were once meant to.
I also think that clubs like the akc, ckc, etc., should require trials for any working dog before it can breed or it's offspring can be registered, so that any dog that doesn't actually meet the purpose of the breed won't be put into further generations (I probably won't be agreed with on this one though). This could also keep a lot of people from buying dogs like "mini St Bernards" because they might realize these dogs AREN'T meant to just look cute.

rainbow
August 6th, 2006, 04:08 PM
That is soooo sad. Some people are just morons. :mad:

coppperbelle
August 6th, 2006, 07:54 PM
It might be the time to e-mail CBS and express some of our concerns.