Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

sore leg

lindalane
August 4th, 2006, 10:38 PM
We have a bichon frise male who is 20 mos old. He has been gnawing at his lt hind paw and it now is very red and sore. I am not sure what to do to keep him from licking it and gnawing on it. I don't know what happened as he is kept inside and only goes out to potty etc. He was in the kennel last weekend for 3 days. Any suggestions would be appreciated. He is eating and drinking fine and does not act sick but doesn't want us messing with that leg.

Linda :party:

MyBirdIsEvil
August 4th, 2006, 11:31 PM
What part of his paw? Your post was a bit vague, what do you mean he won't let you mess with his leg, does it hurt him when you touch it or something?
Is he just gnawing on his foot or has he chewed the fur off of the top of it?

lindalane
August 5th, 2006, 10:05 AM
I am sorry I was not more specific.:sorry: It is his paw ( the foot). It is red and when you go to look at it or touch it, he pulls away. He licks at it a whole lot and I don't know if that has made it sore or if he had a sore to begin with and the licking and not leaving it alone has made it sore. It doesn't look like the fur is gone. Hope this helps.

Linda

rainbow
August 5th, 2006, 11:34 AM
I would take him to the vet to have it looked at. :dog: :pawprint:

MyBirdIsEvil
August 5th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Yeah, take him to the vet, It sounds like he could have something stuck in it, or may have hurt it somehow.