Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Boston Terrier 2 yr old bloody issues

Monte_puppy
August 4th, 2006, 05:34 PM
I have a friend who hasn't acces to internet and needs assistance in regards to her Boston Terrier 2 yr old female to which just this morning has been having liquid stools with dark red blood and mucous (sp) needing some assistance if anyone can suggest anything. Much appreciated

Monte's mom

Hunter's_owner
August 4th, 2006, 05:38 PM
I would immediately seek the help of a vet. Sounds like a serious GI problem.:sad:

Monte_puppy
August 4th, 2006, 05:39 PM
whats GI mean

Hunter's_owner
August 4th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Oh sorry, GI means Gastro-Intestinal.
It could be an infection, or due to something that the dog ingested.

Monte_puppy
August 4th, 2006, 05:49 PM
the only thing that "MOUSE" has been around is flea sprya n bath stuff ...my gf has had the Boston fer 8 days today she is very concerned fer her "MOUSE"

Hunter's_owner
August 4th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Well I'm not sure what could have caused the problem with Mouse, but I would see a vet about it.

Monte_puppy
August 4th, 2006, 06:03 PM
:sad: :( One problem her vet won't be available till wednesday as is long w/e this w/e so she's doing everything possible to help MOUSE through the w/e she doesn't have enough money for emergency vet either or she would..:(

LavenderRott
August 4th, 2006, 07:46 PM
Well, from the sounds of things, I would think it is rather serious. Your friend might want to get the dog to just any vet because by Wednesday - Mouse may well be dead.

rainbow
August 4th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Please find a vet somewhere for Mouse and then post back with the results. :dog: :pawprint: :fingerscr

Monte_puppy
August 4th, 2006, 10:45 PM
I'm wondering if it has somethinig to do with the conditions she was in before being at my gf's as I told my sis in law this n she thinks it may be hemmorohoids (sp no idea) but both MOUSE n SPIKE which is my sis in laws dog were kept in a garage in a pen with shavings my sis in law has informed me that SPIKE (11 months old male) has also just taken on these effects such as liquid poop n blood in it as well so now tis 2 Boston's ...my sis in law is taking SPIKE back to where he came from to find out what tis wrong with him as the people are breeders n such so we are hoping to resolve issue by morro morning I haven't heard nothing as of yet but will post when we do.:sad: :fingerscr

White Wolf
August 4th, 2006, 10:56 PM
Please take this dog to a vet ASAP. We cannot diagnose illnesses over the internet and as the forum title suggests:
* If your pet is vomiting, bleeding, has diarrhea etc. seek vet care.
The dog in question has two of those symptoms and really can only be helped by a vet visit.

Please post again with an update after seeing a vet.

Thread closed.