Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Mmmmmm Beer

Puppyluv
August 3rd, 2006, 05:09 PM
I heard about this last year and forgot about it, then I saw an item on another brand on tv today... what do ya think?
http://www.beerfordogs.com/

rainbow
August 3rd, 2006, 05:41 PM
I know my dogs would love it as they're forever trying to get at mine. :crazy:

Depending on the ingredients I would maybe buy it for them on their birthday. :D

MyBirdIsEvil
August 3rd, 2006, 06:45 PM
Ummm, that's cute, but I'm not paying over 8 bucks for 6 bottles of some beef flavored water.
You could probably esentially do the same thing just by heating up a bottle of beer in a pot and adding a little beef broth. Heating the beer dissipates the carbonation and alcohol, so you'd probably end up with the same thing.
I don't think I'd give my dogs either one anyway, they have no need for it, and they get enough treats as it is.
Walnut sometimes shows interest in beer when we're drinking it, so we give her a few drops (a tablespoon at the most, just enough for a few licks), and I don't think a bottle of some beef flavored stuff would serve any purpose other than to make her pee a lot more, lol.

Prin
August 3rd, 2006, 09:30 PM
The last thing we need is our dogs to get picky about what they drink...:D

rainbow
August 4th, 2006, 11:14 AM
LOL :D Yeah, can't you just see it.....a big bunch of doggy beer brands next to all the food choices. :crazy:

jesse's mommy
August 4th, 2006, 06:04 PM
And speaking of beer, my honey just slipped a little bit to Jesse as her "Friday Night Happy Hour". I'm sitting in the living room and I hear slop slop slop slop slop. He walks in with a big smile on his face and I'm listening to the slop slop slop slop and I said, "You gave her beer didn't you?" He wouldn't answer with anything but, "don't tell me my business". By the time I got to the kitchen it was gone and Jesse was out here with a big smile on her face. :crazy:

dtbmnec
August 5th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Well I supposed that I am safe from this marketing as I don't drink beer (prefer harder stuff... >.> <.< >.>) and I don't have doggies...

Now from Jesse's Mommy's post I'm wondering what a drunk dog looks/acts like....I'm imagining all sorts of the funny....then my thoughts move on to kitties....lol

I have already seen a kitty high off pot smoke (Prince was accidentally caught in the room while my roomates had some in his hotboxed room...he usually didn't hide under this particular roomate's bed so we weren't aware he was in the room) and considering how neurotic Prince was normally it was rather funny to see him that way (I did keep an eye on him though and when he came out from hiding let him out)....it was almost like he was a kitten again chasing at nothing....huge eyes and everything....:crazy: he did calm down and didn't seem any worse for wear for it....even was rather cuddly to me afterwards (he deigned to sleep with me that night at the foot of my bed)

(No I wouldn't feed my cats any alcohol/pot smoke...I'm nuts not crazy!)

Megan

Puppyluv
August 5th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Sadly, I've seen a high cat too. A classmate of mine, I won't sink so low as to call him a friend, due to lack of respect, used to (and may still) purposely sotgun his cat. She would get so unbelievably high. She would lie on her back, head lolled to the side, and toungue just hanging out, then out of nowhere, she would jump up, run as fast as she could to her bowl, and eat the enitre thing (which probably had anough food for 3 days). she woule then stumble over to a pillow, and jut collapse in a weird position. Every so often she would jump up to lunge at a piece of furniture, and then collapse again. It made me furious, but amused this guy to no end.

I have also seen a drunk doggy, a VERY drunk dogyy. She was drunk off of rotten apples that had fallen from the owners' tree, and she pretty much just stumbled everywhere in crazy patterns, and passed out for a long sleep.

jesse's mommy
August 5th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Now from Jesse's Mommy's post I'm wondering what a drunk dog looks/acts like....I'm imagining all sorts of the funny....then my thoughts move on to kitties....lol

Oh no, I guess I should clarify. Jesse only had a small amount -- I saw the dish he used. Just a little sample. My honey knows better. He would never get her drunk. I don't want to confuse anyone. I would never want to see Jesse drunk considering how crazy she can be now. :eek:

Prin
August 6th, 2006, 11:25 AM
When I was younger, my brother and I made the mistake of befriending a twit (he had no friends after just moving here and we felt bad). Anyway, long story short, we was in the basement sitting on the floor "doing things" and my old dobie walked by and ate a gram of hash. I was furious. My doggy, who was probably 11 at the time and was really slowing down, went on such a bad trip and was shaking and paranoid so I put him in a dark room and just stayed there with him all night. The next day, he was so youthful and happy- I guess he was happy to be alive or something.:shrug: Needless to say, that twit wasn't allowed in my house again after that.:rolleyes: