Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

SOS please cross post - found beagle in verdun

Golden Girls
August 3rd, 2006, 11:33 AM
A young approx 2 yr old male Beagle was found wondering yesterday on the corner of Verdun Ave and De L'Eglise - was brought to the city yards where he was just picked up an hour ago by their pound Patrouille canine/fourrierre GL 450/477-9702. St. Jerome

A city employee even asked him if she could foster until the owner was found and if not she would be willing to take him in. That did not go over too well with Mr. Blais saying it is now HIS property. He was fuming and crabbed the dog from her. I really hope the owner can claim their beagle in time :sad:

Golden Girls
August 6th, 2006, 11:48 AM
finally ... think we've found the owner :fingerscr anyone know how it works at pounds on Sunday? There are in Terronbonne and when I called they said their closed.

Frenchy
August 6th, 2006, 12:06 PM
The dog was found in Verdun and was taken to a pound in St-Jerome???

Golden Girls
August 6th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Yep. They have Verdun's city contract. Problem is on their site it has the wrong phone # and no address. I called Canine GL 3 times Friday and spoke to Mrs. Blais who said her husband hadn't picked up any beagle that day. She hung up on me. :confused:

When this owner posted signs all over Verdun she received a call from the city saying to remove them ... it's illegal. Luckily we got her phone # b4 the removal. Now she's trying to go and show proof that it's her dog but their closed. Yet he just went and picked up a Basset Hound and a GSD :confused: at the same place he picked up her Beagle.

The plot thinkens every second. meanwhile she's going crazy trying to find her dog.