Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help End Animal Cruelty in B.C.

rainbow
August 2nd, 2006, 05:53 PM
Your voice matters! Please help end the suffering of BC's abused animals.

This message to let you know about the BC SPCA End Animal Cruelty Advocacy Campaign, and to encourage you to sign up and add your voice to help abused animals in BC.

Please visit http://www.EndAnimalCruelty.com for more information and to find out how you can get involved.

Please sign and email everyone you know to encourage them to do the same.

Thanks. :dog: :cat:

You do not need to live in B.C. to sign this. We really need help to convince our government to increase funding.

rainbow
August 3rd, 2006, 06:05 PM
Isn't there any members from B.C. willing to sign this petition? :(

Puppyluv
August 3rd, 2006, 06:12 PM
Not from BC, but because my family has a registered address in BC, and we have to pay BC (as well as AB and QC) taxes, I think I can contact our MLA there, even though I can't vote there. So I sent a letter to the MLA representing our riding :thumbs up

Prin
August 3rd, 2006, 06:12 PM
Joey's mom is away till the weekend...:shrug:

Maya
August 3rd, 2006, 06:13 PM
I will and here is the other one that still needs lots of signatures!!! http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takea...ltl=1154040078

rainbow
August 3rd, 2006, 06:21 PM
I will and here is the other one that still needs lots of signatures!!! http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takea...ltl=1154040078

Thanks Maya. I clicked on the website you posted but it says it's not available. Could you check to see if there's any typo's in the URL.

rainbow
August 3rd, 2006, 06:24 PM
Not from BC, but because my family has a registered address in BC, and we have to pay BC (as well as AB and QC) taxes, I think I can contact our MLA there, even though I can't vote there. So I sent a letter to the MLA representing our riding :thumbs up

Thanks Puppyluv. But, if you've got a registered address in B.C., I think you should be able to sign the petition as well. :confused:

Wow, that's a bummer having to pay all the taxes though. :eek:

Do you ever visit B.C.?

rainbow
August 3rd, 2006, 06:28 PM
Joey's mom is away till the weekend...:shrug:

Yeah, I know, and I'm sure she'll sign it. :D

But, I'm pretty sure there's a few more people from B.C. out there. :dog: :cat:

Puppyluv
August 3rd, 2006, 06:31 PM
Thanks Puppyluv. But, if you've got a registered address in B.C., I think you should be able to sign the petition as well. :confused:

Wow, that's a bummer having to pay all the taxes though. :eek:

Do you ever visit B.C.?

Wel, I signed it with my BC address.. soo hopefully it will count. The province does have my name listed under that address, so there shouldn't be problems. I just can't vote there, because I chose to have my vote in Quebec. (My family decided to split the votes so that someone votes in each riding we have a place) I don't visit BC too often anymore since I moved out east... maybe 5 times a year, but my parents go almost every weekend, and now that my dad is nearing retirement (or at least, that's what he thinks.. but if my mom's shoe shopping continues, he'll never retire :p) they go thursday-sunday every week now. It's barely BC though, only about an hour and a bit into the province, and 3.5 hrs from Calgary, but BC none the less.

rainbow
August 3rd, 2006, 06:51 PM
It's barely BC though, only about an hour and a bit into the province, and 3.5 hrs from Calgary, but BC none the less.

Is that somewhere in the Kootenays? Fernie? Cranbrook? Radium? Kimberley?
If so, that's the most beautiful part of B.C. :thumbs up

Puppyluv
August 3rd, 2006, 07:18 PM
Panorama, so yeah, Radium-ish. I agree, it's gorgoeus, the view from the top of the surrounding mountains is gorgeous, an absolutely perfect view of Assinaboine. I miss the view almost daily.

Maya
August 4th, 2006, 12:49 AM
OOops I should have right clicked and then gone copy link but I just copy pasted which changes it for some reason. This should work.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/683542106?ltl=1154040078

[edit] Rainbow I think you've already seen it but thank you for letting me know the link didn't work, I was hoping more people would see it and sign.

rainbow
August 4th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Yeah, I double checked and I did sign it. :thumbs up

And I'm hoping more B.C. people will sign the one I posted. Where are you guys. :yell:

cpietra16
August 4th, 2006, 10:54 AM
I signed...i use to live on Vancouver Island for 20 year ...my heart is still there and I am willing to help anyone who needs in BC:thumbs up

rainbow
August 4th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Thanks Cpietra16. :thumbs up

I'm curious. Did you give a B.C. address?

cpietra16
August 4th, 2006, 12:57 PM
no, but I can give them my grandparents...I guess I'll do that now.:rolleyes:

cpietra16
August 4th, 2006, 01:03 PM
ok...I just signed for my husband using his grandparents address..:dog:

Maya
August 4th, 2006, 01:43 PM
Sorry to be a bit off topic here but i'm wondering if anyone can suggest a nice place to live in B.C. besides Vancouver and Vancouver Island but not a ski resort and not really far from city life?

rainbow
August 4th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Maya, please start a new thread as I'm having a harder enough time getting B.C. people to respond. Thanks. ;)

P.S. I'd love to respond to your post. :D

Marion63
August 6th, 2006, 09:36 AM
I will NOT sign the SPCA petition as they are such a scam. I have had many issues with them, trying to contact one to help rescue an animal, and no repsonse. (at least here in town). Some of the animals are dead now.
We have our own rescue group and we will go out and buy the animals, give them vetcare, and after careful screening, we will adopt them out to good forever homes.
Marion

rainbow
August 6th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Marion, sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with the SPCA. Overall though, I think they do a fairly good job with the resources they have. Here's some things you may want to read:

www.endanimalcruelty.com/campaign/funding.html

www.endanimalcruelty.com/campaign/legislation.html

www.endanimalcruelty.com/stories/index.html

rainbow
August 8th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Hey everyone. You "do not" have to be a resident of B.C. to sign this petition. Anyone in Canada can sign it.

Here's the link again:

www.endanimalcruelty.com

rainbow
August 9th, 2006, 04:16 PM
We really need help. :yell:

The B.C. government gives the SPCA $71,000 annually.

They carry out a comparable amount of cruelty investigations as Ontario yet the Ontario government gives their SPCA one million dollars annually.

Alberta gives their SPCA $750,000 and they do fewer investigations.

Signing the petition will send a message to the B.C. government that they need to drastically increase their funding to the SPCA.

You only have to give a name, email address, city and province or territory in Canada. Please help.

www.endanimalcruelty.com

rainbow
August 9th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Hmmmm..... :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

Maya
August 9th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Perhaps people are signing it and not mentioning?? I don't see a counter on the site. It must have cost a fortune to have this petition done up, i'll go make sure my bf signed :o

Mahealani770
August 11th, 2006, 01:01 PM
I don't live in Canada...but I signed the petition!!! Good luck!! :thumbs up

rainbow
August 11th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Mahealani, thank you. They must have added the other option for people that don't reside in Canada. :thumbs up

Golden Girls
August 11th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the reminder ... I meant to sign. I'll sign anything in the hopes to speak up for animals :fingerscr

rainbow
August 12th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Thanks for signing Golden Girls.

Yes, we all need to speak up for the animals more often. When I first started this post I thought it was only for residents of B.C. but anyone, anywhere can add their name. Thanks again.

Marion63
August 18th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Here is another link..

www.animaladvocates.com
You can read all about the controversies here..

Marion

Dogs Deserve Better Canada