Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Zeppelin, A Big Black Male Cat Lost In Oakville

Cat Man
August 2nd, 2006, 04:32 PM
hi.... i am a new member here and wish to post a notice regarding a missing cat.

his name is Zeppelin, he is 5 years old, approximately 20-23 lbs., black, neutered and front de-clawed. he has been missing since july 18 / 19.

he had just moved from the lakeshore and kerr st. area where he lived for all his life, and was at his new home in the west oak trails / upper middle area (on glen valley road) for almost 2 weeks when he went missing.

although he is rather large and intimidating looking, he is in actuality a big suck and very, very shy and nervous.

his brother and 2 sister cats are quite upset at his absence and want him home asap!

we are in daily contact with animal shelters / humane societies from burlington, oakville and miss. as well as 15 vet clinics in the area weekly. posters have been distributed with more going out in the next few days.

if anyone has any leads on his whereabouts, they would be greatly appreciated

gwallace1@cogeco.ca or 905 616 0312

many thanks

and nice to see the happy ending for the other people who just found their black cat in oakville!!!!

grant

chico2
August 2nd, 2006, 05:00 PM
Grant,I will certainly keep an eye out for you,do you have a picture you can post? Does he wear a collar?
I have seen a couple of black cats around here,last night I saw one,he was not very big,but had a big head..he also sprayed on the neighbors car.:p
We don't often see stray cats,is he big? How much does he weigh?
I am quiet a way from you,in South West Oakville,but you never now...

In Puppy Love
August 2nd, 2006, 08:26 PM
Hi Grant!
I'm very sorry to hear about your kitty being lost - must be very upsetting! I work for the Region near 6th Line & Hwy. 5 & live in Burlington so I will definitely keep my "eyes open" for Zeppelin!
Good luck friend! :fingerscr
Jan

Cat Man
August 4th, 2006, 11:37 AM
thanks to both of you for your support....

it is much needed right now!!!!

g.

Cat Man
August 25th, 2006, 12:44 PM
ok since i am new at losing one of my beloved pets....

as i have passd the one month mark of dear zepp being missing, what should i be doing now other than more flyers etc.?

at what point does one stop continually phoning all the humane societies and various vets etc.?

in essence, without sounding horrible, when (if at all) does one come back to reality with the rest of their pets and get back to living as normally as one can and then have hope in the back of one's mind that he may simply show up one day? but let go of the daily / bi-daily searches, phone calls etc.?

g.

chico2
August 25th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Catman,sorry to hear he's not back yet:sad:
I think you'll never stop looking,I know I would not,until I got an answer one way or the other.
If you gave our(Oakville)humane society all the info they need,I am sure they'll contact you,they are good people.
Even if he got hit by a car(hope not!)they are the ones that come and remove the cat from the road and again,I am sure they'd let you know..

Britt Desnoyers
January 28th, 2009, 08:01 AM
check http://www.burlingtonhumane.ca/adoption/feline.php
If an animal isn't claimed in a week its affically theirs and they put them up for adoption.

Make sure you check all the shelters

badger
January 28th, 2009, 09:48 AM
This thread is from 2006. I hope Zeppelin got home safely.