Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Can you help me determine my dogs breed?

RuthyCLR
August 1st, 2006, 04:18 PM
First time user, so hopefully the picture of him is on this message.

I would love to know what kind of dog Max is, he is about 10 months old. Any ideas?

RuthyCLR
August 1st, 2006, 04:20 PM
I think i posted wrong, meant to start a new post not reply to someone else...oh well....

anyway, here is another pic of Max.

chico2
August 1st, 2006, 04:24 PM
I have no idea,but he certainly is cute,love those eyes:love:

MyBirdIsEvil
August 1st, 2006, 05:05 PM
He looks like a cute mutt. :)
A mixed breed can come out looking like anything. My dad found a little puppy once that appeared to be a fullblooded lab....wellll...after it was grown up it was an obvious mix of whippet or greyhound and MAYBE lab.
Walnut looked like a little shorthaired australian shepherd puppy, and had floppy ears, now at 10 months she looks nothing like that (except the color), and has huge pointy ears, and a bushy german shepherd-like tail
1st pic -7 or 8 weeks old, 2nd pic at about 7 months (her ears didn't start to stand up until about 5 months, then they'd take turns flopping back over, lol)
She's a german shepherd/chow/aussie shepherd mix, can you tell? Probably not without knowing, she looks more like an australian cattle dog than anything.
Point being, unless someone knows for sure your dogs parents are a certain breed, he could be anything.

jesse's mommy
August 1st, 2006, 05:09 PM
I think Max is a mix of cuteness and sweetness. :angel:

White Wolf
August 1st, 2006, 06:18 PM
Moved to its own thread.

OntarioGreys
August 1st, 2006, 06:51 PM
I am thinking maybe a cocker schnauzer mix, but definitely cute :)

happycats
August 1st, 2006, 08:34 PM
i say Poodle/cocker spaniel:) very cute, looks like a miniture version of the dog I used to have. (she was Sheepdog/BC mix) and was the exact same colour as yours.

Prin
August 1st, 2006, 09:27 PM
I'd say a shih tzu schnauzer... A Schna-tzu. Gazundheit.:D

OntarioGreys
August 2nd, 2006, 04:48 AM
I am changing my answer to poodle,schnauzer, cocker as the face did not seem quite to me from my earlier answer

the longer nose and curls in the coat suggest the poodle
the longer silky hair suggests cocker
the colouring/markings the schnauzer

Kerrye
August 2nd, 2006, 06:48 AM
I agree with the poodle, schnauzer spanial cross. the colour looks like schnauzer and the hair looks poodle spanial and his ears are too low for a schnauzer. Anyway what ever he is - he sure is a cuttie.

angie79
August 2nd, 2006, 07:01 AM
definatly schnauzer in that sweet face of his....

:thumbs up

phoenix
August 2nd, 2006, 08:39 AM
I agree with shnauzer, I would say x with yorkie or silky terrier because of that grey mop on his head. He's cute.
http://www.frenchtoutou.com/groupe3/silkyterrier/index.html

greaterdane
August 2nd, 2006, 04:02 PM
I would have to say schnauzer/yorkie mix. My neighbour has one that looks just like your boy :)

RuthyCLR
August 8th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Hey thanks to all that replied.........

I was told he was a Silky when i first got him..........and many people on the street and in pet shops, seem to think schnauzer...........so perhaps he is a mix.....