Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

LOST male GREY CAT

spud
August 1st, 2006, 02:07 PM
LOST male part -persian grey (dark and light) with few white markings only 4 yrs old (hes not too big sized) missing since July16th any info welcome -good or bad...

I have a good pic if required :cat:

Stacer
August 1st, 2006, 05:29 PM
Where are you?

spud
August 1st, 2006, 05:44 PM
HI Stacey... im thinking kitty could have taken a ride in a car (if neighbours were upset with his hunting nature or his fighting nature - loud yowling in night) so i m not counting too many locations out, thanks...wish me luck!
spud

Stacer
August 2nd, 2006, 04:54 PM
Good luck I hope you find him, my husband works in the Cambridge area, i'll tell him to keep his eyes open.

shannon1233A
August 3rd, 2006, 09:56 AM
Hi Spud, I live in Elora, I'll keep an eye out! Do you have a picture?

spud
August 3rd, 2006, 11:18 AM

here is a picture of our Fuzz....I hope this works!

shannon1233A
August 3rd, 2006, 06:51 PM
This cat looks very similar, was adopted a couple of days after yours went missing, is this Fuzz?
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/shannon1233/221750_small.jpg

spud
August 6th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Thanks Shannon...but that is not our Fuzz...we are still on the lookout... and still quite sure he was taken for a ride somewhere and dumped off as he wasn't very much liked here in the neighbourhood for many reasons ...THANKS! Please keep your eyes out everyone! ELora, Arthur , GUelph, Owen sound anywhere towards brantford and london...

Winston's Human
August 15th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Good luck. Sry I can't help being in Alberta, but I know what you're going through. I hope you get em back.

spud
August 15th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Thanks Winston's Human...it is difficult isnt it. Especially just not knowing what happened. This forum is a wonderful thing, grateful for the support here . Thanks everyone!!
spud

Winston's Human
August 18th, 2006, 02:40 AM
YW. He is a handsome kitty.

shannon1233A
August 18th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Spud, I rec'd your pm and answered.

badger
August 18th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Have you tried putting an ad in local papers, in the areas you think he might have been taken to? They are often free or at least cheap. Some people read those things from front to back, even the ads. Maybe you could include a picture, if they agree to run it.

http://dmoz.org/News/Newspapers/Regional/Canada/Ontario/

Also, try these:

http://www.petfinder.com/post/classifiedhop.html
http://www.missingpet.net/cgi-bin/search.pl?CN
http://www.rapt-lfpn.org/en/accueil.html

spud
August 18th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Thanks badger...nice lookin kitty there! :D
I have run an ad in 2 local newspapers and contacted all the shelters etc...now I just have to wait and hope i guess...i will keep checking the humane society too cuz they dont always keep good records...thanks for all the support! I put up posters in neighbourhood also...there appears to be alot of missing kitties in my area right now...as well as reports of a cougar...do they eat kitties?
Spud

cpietra16
August 18th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Unfortunately cougars, especially sick ones or young ones that have been pushed out of the territory rely on easy pray...thats cats, dogs, small kids..etc. I hope that's not what happened in this case:pray:

spud
August 18th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Incredible but sounds realistic...There has been a cougar seen various times in our area since June and quite a few cats have also gone missing...wonder if thats what happens sometimes...but do ya think they would come right up a street? Would one attack an adult or larger kid if playing / walking on a pathway through the woods? We walk the catarac trail and i have never thought of any dangers. I wonder if someone had this cougar as a pet and then released it or it got loose? or if it is just a lone cougar in the area...I do understand they can reside in southern ontario...interesting topic eh! :grouphug:
spud

cpietra16
August 18th, 2006, 03:34 PM
I lived on the northern tip of Vancouver Island and Cougars will hunt early mornings and dusk...I always put all my cats in at 4. A teacher in a nearby school lost her 6 year old son to a cougar about 6 years ago. He was playing in a school field near some bushes and got dragged away. Cougars got him by the neck and he was gone before anyone saw it happen...very sad day.
My friend's black over weight lab was caught by surprise as he was coming out of the lack, never saw that cougar either. The cougar had his whole head in his mouth; my freind went balistics and started yelling and hitting it with huge rocks, and it finally let her dog do. He was lucky, got away with 50 stitches around his neck, and she was lucky the cougar was not that hungry or she would not be here to tell the story:o

rainbow
August 18th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Cougars will attack anything that is easy prey whether animal or human. If you have cougars in your area never go walking alone and never let your animals out loose.

cpietra16
August 18th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Hi Spud, just came across this ad...could this be your kittie...??:fingerscr

Found cat in Fergus/Elora Ont. ( near Guleph) View Web Page - All grey,neutered male. Bright green eyes. Found about 1 month ago. Very friendly. Loves looking out the window. I think he misses his 'mom' and/or 'dad'. We have tried the SPCA but to no avail no matches yet. -
E-mail mastersholly@hotmail.com - (Added: 31-May-2006)

cpietra16
August 18th, 2006, 04:41 PM
never mind, I just realised you lost your in July...sorry:sorry:

chico2
August 18th, 2006, 05:25 PM
CPietra,he was lost and found about a month ago,so it could still be him:cat: :fingerscr
But it does say,the found cat is all grey..Spuds cat had some white.

rainbow
August 18th, 2006, 06:05 PM
But not very much white and it's the right area. Let's hope it is Fuzz. :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr

spud
August 18th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Thanks you guys!! keepin such a good eye out for me!! I e-mailed that addy with his pic...we shall see what they say!
Cougars sound like a real treat! Scary...i must be careful indeed!

rainbow
August 18th, 2006, 11:58 PM
Spud, keeping fingers crossed that it's Fuzz. :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr

rainbow
August 21st, 2006, 01:42 AM
Spud, did you ever get a reply to the email you sent. :fingerscr

spud
August 21st, 2006, 07:32 AM
hey rainbow..
no, no response...???
spud

rainbow
August 21st, 2006, 01:07 PM
Hmmm...that's strange. Maybe they're on holidays. :shrug: Too bad there wasn't a way to get an address or phone number from an email address. :frustrated: