Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Jowls in the wind :)

greaterdane
August 1st, 2006, 12:43 PM
Jowls in the wind.
All they are is Jowls in the wind.

HAHA here is Atticus and his jowls on the way to the race track. Wish you could hear them flapping. He actually got irritated with them because they would hit him in the eye haha.

Just click the picture.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lickinlizard/th_MVI_0915.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lickinlizard/?action=view&current=MVI_0915.flv)

Prin
August 1st, 2006, 12:48 PM
Umm.. Who's watching the road?! :eek:
Funny video though.

mastifflover
August 1st, 2006, 12:59 PM
What a beautiful brindle baby Atticus is. I love that Buddy's jowls do the same thing I always laugh when there is a slinger hanging and it hits the car behind us. Watching the video I could hear them flapping in my mind

greaterdane
August 1st, 2006, 01:00 PM
LOL I was driving and watching the road. I just had my hand out the window. Thats why the filming is so bad :)

Prin
August 1st, 2006, 01:08 PM
Oh, well, the filming was pretty good then.:D

I want to get one of Boo.. He sits in the middle with his head between the two front seats and when I have the windows open, nothing moves except two little tufts of fur at the top of his ears. I see them and his goofy eyes in my rearview mirror and it's the funniest thing.:D

OntarioGreys
August 1st, 2006, 01:56 PM
He is adorable but letting the dogs stick their head out the window is one thing I don't do, if you ever looked at a retired greyhounds eyes, you would see the damage dirt does from entering their eyes while running, a bug or small piece of gravel thrown up from a car passing by or infront of you could rupture the eye ajnd the dog would permanently lose their eyesight. Plus if they fall off the seat while their head is out the window it could cause severe neck trauma and possibly paralysis fro the neck down

greaterdane
August 1st, 2006, 02:08 PM
He is adorable but letting the dogs stick their head out the window is one thing I don't do, if you ever looked at a retired greyhounds eyes, you would see the damage dirt does from entering their eyes while running, a bug or small piece of gravel thrown up from a car passing by or infront of you could rupture the eye ajnd the dog would permanently lose their eyesight. Plus if they fall off the seat while their head is out the window it could cause severe neck trauma and possibly paralysis fro the neck down

He normally wears his red doggles, but thank you for the information :)

mastifflover
August 1st, 2006, 03:28 PM
Buddy had blue doggles but we lost them at the beach

chico2
August 1st, 2006, 04:15 PM
Greaterdane,I just love your dogs and that video is great!

Prin
August 1st, 2006, 06:29 PM
ooo I think we need a movie of the jowls and the doggles! That would be so funny. :D

Boo is only allowed sticking his head out if we're going under 50 km/h (I had to specify the units so our American friends don't freak :D).

OntarioGreys
August 1st, 2006, 06:48 PM
ooo I think we need a movie of the jowls and the doggles! That would be so funny. :D

Boo is only allowed sticking his head out if we're going under 50 km/h (I had to specify the units so our American friends don't freak :D).

Get some doggles for the dogs, Greyhounds will race around the same speed'

and this is what the dirt hitting their eyes does

http://eyedvm.com/images/GREYHN1300.jpg

It is often mistaken for pannus, Sunny's eye whites look pinkish brown from the damage, a stone flip up from a tire even at 50 can take take a chip of out your cars paint, imagine what is does to soft tissue