Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

sashas den real rescue?

scuba0095
July 31st, 2006, 06:24 PM
Hey I was just browsing threw rescues anyways i came upon http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/sasha.html I saw that dog sam and it KILLEd me so i donated 30 on my visa. Is anyone familair with rescue? I hope its not a hoax and the real thing?

jesse's mommy
July 31st, 2006, 06:26 PM
Yes, Inverness runs it. Here's the thread on Sam:

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=28530

meb999
July 31st, 2006, 06:53 PM
yup, it's a real rescue, and a very reputable one at that! :thumbs up Good for you for helping out a rescue....I hope Sam makes it :fingerscr :fingerscr

catsnatcher-CDN
July 31st, 2006, 06:55 PM
Scuba0095,

Sasha's Den is Inverness. She takes on the toughest cases. She has no funding so every dollar counts!

scuba0095
July 31st, 2006, 07:06 PM
ok well in that case i added on another extra 20 to my visa :D

jesse's mommy
July 31st, 2006, 07:08 PM
Woo Hoo!!!!:thumbs up

Inverness
July 31st, 2006, 08:10 PM
Hey Scuba, you scared me there with your title ! If you want to have access to my vet bills, there's 30 000 $ worth of them in the last 6 years. I can pm you my vet's contact info anytime, just ask !

Thank you for the donation. :thumbs up

OntarioGreys
August 1st, 2006, 05:40 AM
Poor boy and he looks so sweet, it could be he was let loose due to his skin problems

Has there been anything ruled out yet or confirmed?

I realize all the testing will add up, mange is only one possibility, other's could be thyroid(7% iin BMDs) , autoimmuned diseases such as lupus or SLE, and 10% of BMD's suffer from allergies. As a rescue your vet bills are pretty good especially with many needing spays and neuters.

BoxerRescueMTL
August 1st, 2006, 08:53 AM
As a rescue your vet bills are pretty good especially with many needing spays and neuters.
Ya - except she's a one woman show :( She spends so much time helping the animals that it doesn't leave much time for fundraising. It comes out of her pocket...

Dog Dancer
August 1st, 2006, 03:37 PM
Scuba, with all the things out there now one can't blame you for being careful, but if you read through all the rescue threads you'll know that Sasha's Den is for real. Bless Inverness - and all the other rescue groups, all of whom are needy. I just sent a donation to Inverness today myself. I had her PM me with a mailing address as I recently had credit card info stolen and used so that was my only concern (it was NOT stollen by paypal or anything like that). Anyhow, maybe we can start something and get some much needed donations for Sasha's Den or any other rescue!:thumbs up Our angels on earth.

mastifflover
August 1st, 2006, 03:44 PM
The title threw me too. Yes Inverness is a true angel. But smart to check it out.