Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rant!

LianneCatherine
July 31st, 2006, 03:07 PM
I'm not sure if anyone remembers, but I posted about a month ago complaining that my purse had been stolen at a concert. Well, I've since replaced everything in my purse, except the money that was stolen of course. So, this past weekend I went out with some friends, and low and behold--my CELL PHONE got stolen! It was in a side pocket of my purse (stupid me!) and disappeared at some point during the night.

I literally had the phone for ONE MONTH. I didn't have insurance on it, so I had to replace it by paying nearly $200! :mad: :yell: Not only that, but I had pictures and videos of my family, furbabies, and vacation that can never be replaced. :(

Is this some really bad karma or WHAT??? Not only that, but my company is headed for some major layoffs :eek: and my department has all but shut down until we hear an announcement. UGHH!!

I've been trying to save money, pay off debt, finish my degree, enhance my career, lose weight, maintain a healthy relationship with my bf, and be a healthier and better person -- but these things just keep knocking me off my course! I was so stressed out this weekend that I all but snapped on the boyfriend, cried TWICE which I never do, and had a really hard time sleeping. Things are just not going well right now.

I'm trying to stay positive...but it's like, what's next? Will my car get stolen? Will my life turn cartoon and a piano/anvil will fall from the sky an smoosh me? :rolleyes:

phoenix
July 31st, 2006, 04:18 PM
:grouphug:

wdawson
July 31st, 2006, 06:32 PM
hang on:eek: they say things come in threes

LianneCatherine
August 2nd, 2006, 02:51 PM
I found out yesterday evening that I have 2 months notice before I will be laid off. My last day is October 5th if I don't find a job sooner than that.

The good thing is that I don't have to pay back my tuition, and I can work wherever I want. I also have 2 months to sit around at work looking for jobs and getting paid for it! And, I get severance whether I leave now, or I leave in October. It's pretty sweet!

So...the next issue is, do I stay where I am or move closer to the boyfriend? He's about 80 miles away. We've been doing the long distance thing for 2 years, together for over 3.

Any suggestions? Should I wait for a proposal to move out there? I guess it all depends on where I find a job...