Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Thoughts And Prayers

LibbyP
July 31st, 2006, 01:23 PM
mama samoan, is needing all our thoughts and prayers right now, she is new to introduce herself but has been lurking in the shadows since May. Her daughter is 26 weeks preg and Dr. say the baby only weights a pound at the most, she has been in the hospital since last week with complications and today her water broke. This will be the first grandbaby for mama s. please keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers over the next while. :grouphug:

Skryker
July 31st, 2006, 01:29 PM
:candle: :candle: :fingerscr Thinking positive thoughts for all concerned. :grouphug:

rainbow
July 31st, 2006, 03:50 PM
Positive thoughts from here as well. :fingerscr :fingerscr :grouphug: :fingerscr :fingerscr

Frenchy
July 31st, 2006, 07:32 PM
Doctors can do miracles :fingerscr :candle: :grouphug:

AliSam
July 31st, 2006, 09:55 PM
Best wishes!!:fingerscr :fingerscr

Golden Girls
August 1st, 2006, 01:56 AM
:fingerscr + :pray: for a safe delivery.

Prin
August 1st, 2006, 12:00 PM
:fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint: Hope everything goes ok.

LibbyP
August 2nd, 2006, 10:13 PM
I just wanted to up-date you alittle, nothing has really changed since her water broke, she hasn't dilated anymore and they took her I.V. out today, so far so good, she has a 60% chance of delivering by Thursday :fingerscr

LibbyP
August 17th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Just wanted to up-date everyone with their thoughts and prayers, mama samoan is a grandma today at 1:30pm, little girl weighs 2lbs 6oz, she needing assistance breathing and that's all I really know right now mom is doing well afew more days and she would have made it to week 30, thanks again I'm sure everyone is quite overwhelmed right now:angel:

Skryker
August 17th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Please pass on my congrats on the birth, and well wishes to Mom and baby!:thumbs up

meb999
August 17th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Congrats!! :angel: :cloud9:

rainbow
August 17th, 2006, 10:06 PM
That is encouraging news. :thumbs up Please pass on congratulations to everyone involved and fingers crossed more more positive news. :fingerscr :pray: :fingerscr

Golden Girls
August 18th, 2006, 08:15 AM
Congratulations to mom and baby :fingerscr

Prin
August 18th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Congrats! I hope the little one builds strong lungs.:fingerscr

Maya
August 18th, 2006, 01:26 PM
:love::pray::love: Healing thoughts and wishes for a bright future :love::pray::love:

dtbmnec
August 18th, 2006, 01:36 PM
I do hope she'll be fine :) :fingerscr

Before they know it that little girl will have a set of lungs on her! :) I'm sure of it and then they'll wonder where all the silence has gone :p

Megan

mama samoan
August 18th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Thank you every one for your more than kind wishes. It has been appreciated more than you will ever know! The wee girl is breathing on her own and seems to be a bit feisty. Perhaps I should go to the hospital and record her crying so all of our four legged boys and girls will be used to her before she actually gets here. Little do they realize that life for them has also now changed, for the better. Soon they will have more to watch then spiders and ants.

rainbow
August 18th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Good to hear. :thumbs up

I hope her progress continues. :fingerscr :fingerscr

LibbyP
October 11th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Just alittle update, mama samoan's baby granddaughter came home yesterday, she's just over 5 pounds and doing well, maybe mama s. will be on alittle later today for an up-date on how the first night went:highfive: as It's been a VERY long time a baby has been around. Mom is doing well, glad to have her baby girl home at last.

Hunter's_owner
October 11th, 2006, 12:30 PM
That is good news for sure. :) .
I was born very premature, and weighed only 3 pounds, got very sick and lost some weight shortly after. It was a rough couple of months, but everything was fine. So glad to hear positive news :thumbs up

Frenchy
October 11th, 2006, 12:36 PM
So happy to read the good news ! :thumbs up we will see pics of the little bundle of joy right?

mama samoan
October 12th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Once again I would like to thank everyone for their kinds thoughts. The new little Princess is doing excellent. She has been welcomed home by her new furry brother and sisters. The nursery door has been replaced by a screen door so that when babys Mom is downstairs on the main floor, the cats and dog can watch her thru the screen. They dont plan on having the screen door there for long, it is just because both cats are quite a bit bigger and they dont want them to crowd her until the baby is bigger, but they also dont want them excluded from the baby totally. They all are allowed in the nursery when they are supervised. It is really cute to walk down the hall and see both cats and the dog sitting and looking in thru the screen door. New babys make so many new sounds and the heads are all cocked and trying to figure out whats up with that? And trust me they are not alone with trying to figure out all these new sounds. Anyways thanks again for all your kindness. I am gonna go and grab a wee nap.........

Frenchy
October 12th, 2006, 12:33 PM
The nursery door has been replaced by a screen door so that when babys Mom is downstairs on the main floor, the cats and dog can watch her thru the screen.
That's a wonderful idea ! :thumbs up

rainbow
October 12th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Glad to hear your little princess is doing so well. What is her name? The screen door is an excellent idea.....I love it.

Schwinn
October 12th, 2006, 03:51 PM
So glad to hear everything is going well, and congratulations!

We've got the screen door on the bedroom as well. It makes her room feel very cottage-y!

mama samoan
October 12th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Well thanks again for the well wishes. Her name is Ella.

rainbow
October 12th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Pretty name. Don't forget to post pics. :D

Furbaby Momma
October 12th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Congratulations Grand...Mama Samoan, for your grandaughter Ella, all the best to your daughter and family. The screen door is a great idea!

OntarioGreys
October 13th, 2006, 12:06 AM
Great news!!!! Missed the earlier posts but glad that Ella is doing well, great idea sbout the screen door

mummummum
October 13th, 2006, 12:46 AM
Hey lil' Ella ! Welcome to the world! http://bestsmileys.com/magic/7.gif

LibbyP
October 20th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Very sad how quick things can change with little ones, baby Ella was having some troubles yesterday, after doing some tests her blood work came back not normal so they have admitted her, not sure what is going on or how long she will have to stay, poor wee baby.

It makes me just sick/mad that some girls/ladies can pump out babies like rabbits without even caring about them and then there's girls/ladies out there trying desperately to have a baby, doing everything possible health wise and nothing.... this is just (MHO):shrug:

hazelrunpack
October 20th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Premature babies have rough times now and then. :pray: baby Ella will be feeling better soon and get back into good times. :grouphug:

rainbow
October 20th, 2006, 08:01 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about little Ella. I hope it is nothing serious. :fingerscr I have a niece that went through a lot of setbacks with her preemie. I understand how you feel about the "not fair" scenario. :grouphug:

I hope everything goes well and give my best to Mama Samoan and Ella's mom. :grouphug: Fingers crossed for little Ella. :fingerscr :fingerscr

Frenchy
October 20th, 2006, 08:41 PM
I am so sorry,poor baby :sad: Keep hoping for the best :fingerscr :grouphug:

meb999
October 20th, 2006, 08:44 PM
I'm so sorry....sending baby Ella lots of positive thoughts :fingerscr