Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Poor kitty on the side of the road.

doggy lover
July 30th, 2006, 08:33 PM
:rip: The other day when I was walking home from work, there was a black and white kitty lying on the side of the road. It scared me when I first seen it as I was kind of day dreaming and didn't see it until I was a few feet from it. It looked like it had been there a couple on days as its eyes were sunken in. Its head was kind of smashed up so I'm sure it had gotten hit and died quickly, thankfully for it. It didn't look very old, it made me angry and sad at the same time. Angry that this poor kitty had to die this way with no one around, and sad that no one seemed to miss it as I looked in local stores for a missing kitty poster nothing. I'm glad that my two kitty's are indoor cats and shall never end their lives this way. Rest in peace little black and white kitty:rip:

Maya
July 30th, 2006, 11:43 PM
That is so sad :sad: It is so difficult to see when an animal is just hit and left.

It reminds me, earlier today I heard a nice girl on the radio calling in to tell the station that there was a man standing in the highway trying to stop cars to help a kitty that had been hit :(

Shaykeija
July 31st, 2006, 12:13 AM
:sorry: for this little soul. :rip: little one.

chico2
July 31st, 2006, 08:38 AM
So sad to see and the only thing we can do is cry for them and hope they died quickly,poor lonely kitty:sad: :pray:

erykah1310
July 31st, 2006, 09:46 PM
I hate seeing animals dead on the road, most of all pet animals, and it hurts even more that no one seems to care about them. Thats why even though I live VERY rural when strays come around I catch them ( although I know within a few days they will move on) I cant stand to wonder what will happen to them.
People are so cruel.
However 9 times outta 10 a car- cat situation is quick and painless for the kitty. At least their suffering is over, its sad though:sad: