Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

people with loud car speakers..rant..

jiorji
July 29th, 2006, 09:23 PM
listen...it's nice that you put money in your car and that you're still 25 and still living in your mom's basement while clearly you can afford to move out yet you'd rather have "mad speakers" and rims and all that....but really...........is it necessary that you young'uns drive around listening to music in your car at full blast?? Are you that self absorbed to think that everybody wants to listen to your swearing bad music rap/rock/britney???

Let me tell you...I couldn't care less for that. Even if i DO happen to like the song.........listening to loud music with swearing at full blast in a public place is inappropriate. (I sound like someone's parent) but come on!! I'm on my balcony and there's this guy...same guy...who always drives by almost everyday on his way to town I guess, with music at full blast. Nobody blasts Linkin Park anymore LOL so strike 1 for him. Secondly, I don't care to listen to some Eminem song about him telling some *** to *beep* and **beep**.

I also appreciate that some of you park your car and "chillax" on the sidewalk in the parking lot while the car is blasting music. Thanks for your consideration that you're willing to share Fiddy's music with me, but really, no thanks ! If i wanted to listen to that, I'd go buy...no...I'd go rip off his Cd :evil: , but really it's not worth my effort to even steal it off the net, if i DID ever consider listening to it.

On that note.....when I'm 50 and I can still hear perfectly I'll be laughing my ass off at you who in your younger days used to blast music in a tiny box car. HA!

Ps. i have nothing against listening to music in a car, but after a certain volume, it's annoying.

jesse's mommy
July 29th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Right on sister!

LavenderRott
July 29th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Ok. I am old. And I drive a honkin' big van.

If I wanted to listen to the same thing as the guy two cars behind me - I would go lookin' for his radio station! And really, does it have to be soooo loud that my windows shake!?!

Thank you for letting me share your vent. :D

jiorji
July 29th, 2006, 10:47 PM
*shrug* the window shake lol

some cars aren't built for that kind of sound system. it just makes it even worse

Cinnabear
July 30th, 2006, 02:33 AM
That and hogs. Why do they have to be so noisey? It's like nails on a board.:yuck:

Shaykeija
July 30th, 2006, 03:34 AM
I Just yell at them to turn it up I can't hear.:p

Joey.E.CockersMommy
July 30th, 2006, 10:50 AM
I love it when you are at at stop light and they just come up behind you and leave it blasting your whole car is vibrating. :yell: and my kids are freaking out cause of the noise.

The former young tenant in our neighbours house, use to leave for work about 5.30 am - you always knew it was 5.30 am because his friend would pick him with his super loud sub woofer stereo going - my bedroom walls would start vibrating. Finally my husband mentioned this to the guy - and he actually left it low enough that we didnt hear it in the morning anymore. :D

Also isnt it dangerous to drive with the music so loud - like how could you hear an ambulance - or even concentrate on the road. :eek:

jiorji
July 30th, 2006, 11:30 AM
i think it is dangerous. it's illegal to drive and talk on your phone they should make loud speakers illegal too.

One time in highschool my friend was telling me how she and her friend were driving with music blasting and they were at a stop light and nobody in the intersection was going and they were wondering why for maybe 5 minutes. Turns out there was a fire truck behind them going absolutely nuts honking at them and they couldn't hear because of the music.:frustrated:
that's smart driving

dtbmnec
July 30th, 2006, 11:50 AM
The worst is when you have some old guy in a car with blaring music checking you out while he goes past *shudder*

Megan

Prin
July 31st, 2006, 01:16 AM
Hey, don't diss the radio or the mags... It's not them that are the problem. ;) I have a pretty good radio and some pretty good mags on my old car (it didn't used to be so old...) but nobody hears my radio (these days they hear my broken muffler instead lol). I just like to hear my music without crackling or muffling...

That said, I don't like it when I hear other people's music either. And I really don't like it when they have it so loud the vibrations move my rearview mirror.:frustrated:

But what makes me laugh, more than their ears rotting away is the idea that the nuts and bolts in their cars are gradually unscrewing and everything is slowly coming apart because of the vibrations. :evil:

A twit I knew in high school actually got "disturbing the peace" tickets for blasting his car radio. :rolleyes: :D

My old cegep lab partner used to blast country music in his car with the tinted windows and everything.. Hilarious...:D

Oh and we used to make fun of these people by driving down Crescent Street (the street in Montreal with all the dance clubs or whatever) and blast classical music or talk radio. :D What a losery way to be evil.:evil:

jiorji
July 31st, 2006, 12:08 PM
Oh and we used to make fun of these people by driving down Crescent Street (the street in Montreal with all the dance clubs or whatever) and blast classical music or talk radio. :D What a losery way to be evil.:evil:

hahaha
that made me laugh outloud!

Prin
July 31st, 2006, 01:11 PM
Nothing says cool like CJAD.:D

LianneCatherine
July 31st, 2006, 04:36 PM
Oh man, I am the oldest 24 year old EVER...I HATE when people blare their music in public with their windows down, etc. It's soooo flipping annoying! The worst is like you said, when they are swearing and there are kids all around!

I have also been known to yell at kids for playing in the street during rush hour (where are the parents??), just like the cranky granny that I am.

:frustrated:

erykah1310
July 31st, 2006, 04:50 PM
Well, Sorry guys :sorry: But almost everything in that rant was me! However I am 25 and I Dont live in my parents basement ( havent lived with them since i was 17) I have the mags, the system and I LOVE Eminem!
Im sorry if some people dont like it, but however i like to drive with the tunes CRANKED! Relaxes me. I am not a bad driver, have NEVER been in anykind of accident, and am prolly the only one I have ever seen on the highways i travel actually pull over to the shoulder when an OPP or an ambulance or some other emergency vehicle approaches.
As far as being deaf when i am older......:confused: To me its prolly innevitable, I would rather know that i enjoyed my hearing to the fullest while i had it, I could die tomorrow. Life is short ENJOY it.

That being said, However there is one thing in that rant that does NOT apply to me, ( i dont think) I try to turn it down a tad when i am in the city, I have to concentrate a bit more ( listen to the motor for shifting purposes) But Still you can feel the rumble!

jiorji
July 31st, 2006, 05:52 PM
LOL oops

well I'm not going to lie, when I get my little paws on my dad's car, which is a new model and has a good system, I too "crank it up", however the music can't be heard in the car next to me.

PLus it's good to actually hear "road noise" when you drive so that if some dude's brakes aren't working and he's honking like mad for you to move, I'd like to be able to hear him ;)

erykah1310
July 31st, 2006, 09:13 PM
Dont fear jiorji, im in no way offended.
I have my days ( rarely) when you can barely hear the music ( just not in the mood) However, the people in the cars surrounding me would prolly be happy that they only hear my music because i am usually singing my little heart out :yell: ( which FYI is the FARTHEST thing from singing you have ever heard):o

But your Rant is noted, perhaps the next time i see a bunch of kids and perhaps elderly peeps I will turn down the Eminem ( for a few seconds):thumbs up

AliSam
July 31st, 2006, 09:50 PM
That was me at one point. My whole car used to vibrate. I still have the same car with tinted windows but the mags are gone. I have the same kick ass stereo system complete with the sub box but I don't turn the volume up anymore. I guess I am too old now. I don't even listen to that music anymore. It is the 80s stuff now. JACK FM rocks. If I do hear a song I like though, sometimes I will crank it up just until that song is over.

jiorji
July 31st, 2006, 10:08 PM
However, the people in the cars surrounding me would prolly be happy that they only hear my music because i am usually singing my little heart out :yell: ( which FYI is the FARTHEST thing from singing you have ever heard):o

hahah that's funny. Actually it was just a few days ago that i was thinking "why don't people humm anymore?" Everyone's in their own little world with their headphones, and there's no more of that old school humming. Only some older people. SO it's nice to hear someone sing , even if it's Eminem :rolleyes:

(I still have Curtain Call :cool: but i don't sing along to it)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
August 5th, 2006, 01:25 AM
originally posted by dtbmnec

The worst is when you have some old guy in a car with blaring music checking you out while he goes past *shudder*

thats just David Hassleoff :D :eek:

MyBirdIsEvil
August 5th, 2006, 04:18 AM
I would just like to say, that most of you people driving around with your music cranked way up, that you think you have a kickin system, you DON'T. It sucks. It sounds like crap. On top of the fact that no one wants to hear your music, your system sounds terrible (yes yes, you'll say but I payed THIS much for it, or...you dunno *bleep* about car stereo equipment! but you're wrong). Most of the people with the BAD (and I mean bad as in good :D ) systems don't have their stereo cranked up as high as it will go in traffic (if you have a REAL high end amp and speakers this could actually be detrimental to your health :eek: ), they either listen to it at a volume where it sounds good, or they take their systems to shows where it will actually be appreciated by people that don't just stick a couple of cheap subwoofers and an amp in their trunk.
-End public service announcement.

HunterXHunter
August 8th, 2006, 12:25 PM
I would just like to add that some people crank their volume up to such an astronomical number that the music gets distorted...HOW THE F*** ARE YOU SUPPOSE TO HEAR ANYTHING LIKE THAT!?!?!!?!?!?!?

...*deep breath*...

jessi76
August 8th, 2006, 01:02 PM
I can't crank music in my car. literally, the stereo system won't allow it. I've tried. it automatically turns it down to a point that will NOT damage the speakers. i've gotten in fights w/ my volume control... I turn up, my possessed car turns it down, me: no! up!... car: no! down!... and so on.

rainbow
August 8th, 2006, 01:35 PM
originally posted by dtbmnec

thats just David Hassleoff :D :eek:

JECM....Good one !!! :D :thumbs up

I'm absolutely LMAO :D :D :D :D

jesse's mommy
August 8th, 2006, 05:38 PM
JECM, nice one......very nice one. :thumbs up

erykah1310
August 8th, 2006, 06:31 PM
I would just like to say, that most of you people driving around with your music cranked way up, that you think you have a kickin system, you DON'T. It sucks. It sounds like crap. On top of the fact that no one wants to hear your music, your system sounds terrible (yes yes, you'll say but I payed THIS much for it, or...you dunno *bleep* about car stereo equipment! but you're wrong). Most of the people with the BAD (and I mean bad as in good ) systems don't have their stereo cranked up as high as it will go in traffic (if you have a REAL high end amp and speakers this could actually be detrimental to your health ), they either listen to it at a volume where it sounds good, or they take their systems to shows where it will actually be appreciated by people that don't just stick a couple of cheap subwoofers and an amp in their trunk.
-End public service announcement.

There are tons of reasons for this, and I LIKE my tunes loud and I dont see a point in listening to music if I cant feel it too. I know to each their own and yada yada yada, however.... Perhaps.... I dont like that i cant hear everyone elses systems??? Anyways, as far as the system shows... you cant even go within 30 feet of some of them vehicles ( detrimental to your heart, ears, and so on) I have bass in my truck for me to use, not to walk away and turn it on.
In my house on the other hand. Same thing! ( no neighbours, althought the ones i do have definately can hear it during the day when i do decide to crank it.)

However I must agree that when all you hear in traffic is metal vibrating it doesnt sound good. I dont mind when I can hear the thump a few cars back though!
JMO

jiorji
August 8th, 2006, 07:17 PM
lol speaking of...I "parked" my bike near this guy in the parking lot who was just sittign in his car with his bassy music cranked up. I don't think he had the sound system because his whole car was vibrating. I was worried it would fall appart hehe

rainbow
August 9th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Most popular "driving songs"....

www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2006/08/08/poll-drivingsongs.html

erykah1310
August 9th, 2006, 05:57 PM
The site is having techical difficulties, BUT, Paradise by the dashboard light and Pour some Sugar on me.... had better be on that list!!!!!!:rolleyes: lol

rainbow
August 11th, 2006, 05:31 PM
Oops, I left out a dash in the URL....it should be:

www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2006/08/08/poll-driving-songs.html

jiorji
August 11th, 2006, 07:33 PM
that can't be right. i've never heard anyone blasting any of these songs