Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Candi had her sugery.

Jackie467
July 29th, 2006, 07:38 PM
I took her in yesterday morning and picked her back up this morning. The poor thing is hurting. She went in for her teeth cleaning and for her dew claw removal. I really didn't want to have the dew claws done but since she was constantly ripping the nails off I thought it would be best. The poor thing hates the e-collar but when were not able to keep an eye on her she has to wear it because she'll rip her bandeges and stitches out.

Right now she's still really groggy from being put under. I have an antibiotic to give her and some pain meds, but I wish there was more I could do to make her feel better. I'll take some pics of her later to post. Luckly she didn't have to have any teeth pulled. She had some peridontal pockets but they weren't really bad. I bought this stuff called oravet that is a wax like substance that you put on the teeth once a week that is suposed to maintain the sealent that they put on when the vet cleaned them. Hopefully that will help from the teeth getting any worst.

I also have to take her in every two days to have her bandeges changed. I'm not sure why I can't do that at home, but they want me to bring her in. In 14 days she'll have the stitches taken out. It seems like forever!

I just wish I could do more for my little angel :angel: .

jesse's mommy
July 29th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Aww poor baby. Give her lots of cuddles. :grouphug:

Prin
July 29th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Poor Candi...:grouphug: :grouphug:

we3beagles
July 29th, 2006, 08:01 PM
We recently took Bugsey in to have a tooth extraction and a fatty lump under his arm removed. I felt so bad when he got home. He looked like he was really suffering. In 2 days he was back to his old self like nothing ever happened. I am surprised how fast dogs heal. I know your pup will be back to her old self soon. Give her loads of loves.

rainbow
July 29th, 2006, 08:04 PM
HUGS to Candi :grouphug: