Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Whats your earworm?

erykah1310
July 27th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Lately I have been unable to shake this song from my head and everytime it comes on the radio I crank it and SING my little heart out! ( look like a fool but who cares... its a great song):o
Anywho, today I was traveling with that guy that i have been talking about and of cource it comes on....
I wasnt holding back!!!! I just started belting the song out!:yell: :shrug: He got a kick out of it at 7 am this morning!

Anyways, the song is Motoring from night ranger! I cant get enough of it, and it not like its new or anything! Im a geek!:rolleyes:

So whats your "ear worm"?

Prin
July 27th, 2006, 09:42 PM
I have a few... Lately it's been American Music by the Violent Femmes, Be Yourself from Audioslave, Alive from Pearl Jam, the Adventure from Angels and Airwaves, Hunger Strike from Temple of the Dog.. ok there are a few. I have a good memory, so the words come easily after a couple listens and despite the awful nasal voice, it doesn't take much for me to start singing (aka yelling). :o :) :D :shrug: :yell:

oh, btw, I was surprised nobody commented on the losery American Music in the background of the Boo video (where he takes the cap off) http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4605920919252377553 ;)

erykah1310
July 27th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Prin you have to be s***ting me!!!!!
When ever i talk about American Music... NO ONE I mean NO ONE knows what i am talking about!!!
Thats nuts!!!!:highfive: I thought perhaps for a while i was the only one around here that had ever heard it!

Prin
July 27th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Do you like American Music? I like American Music. :D

erykah1310
July 27th, 2006, 09:47 PM
DO you like American Music best???? BABY!!!!! LOL

I need a Date for the prom!!! Would you like to come along?? Nobody go to the prom with me?!?!?!

Prin
July 27th, 2006, 09:48 PM
I want you to hold me, I want your arms around me.:D

Aww you get the fun part next...

erykah1310
July 27th, 2006, 09:50 PM
do you do too many ***** ??? I DO TOO MANY D***** !!!

We are GEEKS!!! :D

Prin
July 27th, 2006, 09:52 PM
I'm cheating.. I have it on right now. :D

Is it "Every time I look at that ugly moon, it reminds me of you"?

erykah1310
July 27th, 2006, 09:59 PM
Im pretty sure, i tried to get it on Lyrics.com but it isnt there!!!:eek:

Im at a loss for the "Your born to soon, i was born to late, but everytime i look at that ugly.....? I have no idea"
Me too im listening to it.

Prin
July 27th, 2006, 10:01 PM
Ok, it's the ugly I wasn't sure of. It's born too soon, ugly moon and born too late, ugly lake. :o

erykah1310
July 27th, 2006, 10:02 PM
well if its not what it is.... It is now!!! Cause Prin and Erykah say so, it was a long deliberated executive decision!
We have come to an agreement! :thumbs up

Prin
July 27th, 2006, 10:06 PM
lol yep. I'm usually pretty good at lyrics. I come from a very nasal, mumbling family.:D

Hey these guys agree: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/v/violent+femmes/american+music_20144637.html

Skryker
July 27th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Are you guys like me, and seriously wish to see someone on Idol or Rockstar bust into Add It Up, and see the network censors heads explode?:evil:

Prin
July 27th, 2006, 10:46 PM
No- Waiting for the bus! :p Or 36-24-36. :D

jiorji
July 27th, 2006, 10:52 PM
seriously.....why is it that everytime you get a song stuck in your head it's stuck on repeat?? WHY??

so my song was Nelly Furtado's new song. SHRUG!! I hate hate HATE that song and hate her so if they could get the heck out of my head that would be nice!:shrug:
and then Jessica Simpson's new song got stuck in my head. I think I'm going to stop watching tv altogether as only bad songs get stuck in my head.
:yell: :yell: :yell:

Prin
July 27th, 2006, 11:10 PM
My grandmother used to say "I'm glad I have a song stuck in my head. Other people have far worse things in their heads."
:o

jiorji
July 27th, 2006, 11:21 PM
well, I kinda miss hearing the voices in my head with all the bad music stuck in there :rolleyes: haha

Prin
July 27th, 2006, 11:23 PM
lol http://bestsmileys.com/freak/2.gif

no wait! He's better:

http://bestsmileys.com/freak/5.gif

Skryker
July 28th, 2006, 04:30 AM
I hesitate to even say, since it shows both my age and to mention them means they will be stuck for days, but I used to get Walk Like An Egyptian by the Bangles or Luka by Suzanne Vega stuck ALL THE TIME!!!! And I dislike either song.

Lately, it's been So What by Metallica-but the radio edit, since one of the local stations plays it a couple of times a week on their "Mandatory Metallica" spot every night. It's hilarious because of the beeps over about every fifth word! Cracks my husband and I up every time we hear it and then it stays in my head (bleeps and all) for hours and hours afterwards.

It won't be the same rendered in text, but this is why it's so ridiculous!

"And I've drunk that, I've drunk this
I've *bleep* up on a pint of *bleep*
So what, so what
I've had *bleep*, I've had *bleep*
I've *bleep* up until I bleed
So what, so what
So what, so what, you boring little *bleep*"

This isn't the funniest (IMO) verse, but it's kinda the least offensive....:rolleyes:

Puppyluv
July 28th, 2006, 06:32 AM
I'm a little envious of you guys, having normal songs stuck in your heads. For the past 6 months, i have had:

Toot Toot Chugga Chugga Big red car
we travel near and we travel far
toot toot chugga chugga big red car
we're gonna ride the whole day long

Murray's in the back seat
playing his guitar
murray's in the back seat
of the big red car

Jeff is fast asleep now,
he's having a little rest
we better wake him up so
call out "WAKE UP JEFF!"

Anthony is eating
he's got so much food!
He's got apples and oranges
and fruit salad too!

Greg is doing the driving
singing scoo-bee-doo-ah
Greg is doing the driving
of the big red car!

With a whole bunch of choruses thrown in there.
The sad thing is, I just wrote that from memory, without even the music playing

Skryker
July 28th, 2006, 09:25 AM
I've done the kiddie song thing-my niece and the 2 girls I babysat throughout school were just at the Barney stage-yikes! There's an earworm! Also, Sharon Lois and Bram. :frustrated: I know that they are great children's entertainers-I went with my 4th grade class to see them in concert-but over and over and over. I'll never be rid of it!

BTW, it's just so flattering to tell a child that you saw SL&B when you were a child, and the response is "Wow! They must be really, really old!". :mad: I'll just be off to find my walker and Geritol now.;)

mastifflover
July 28th, 2006, 09:34 AM
I hate you Prin and Erykah now you know what I have stuck in my head AMERICAN MUSIC. I have had Kate Bush Man with the Child in His Eyes all morning till I read this thread and you had to include the lyrics so I was sing the thread and now it is stuck in my head.

erykah1310
July 28th, 2006, 06:57 PM
LOL! " I's sowwy":sad:
But Come on!!!!!
"DO YOU LIKE AMERICAN MUSIC????? I LIKE AMERICAN MUSIC..." LOL

Prin
July 28th, 2006, 10:19 PM
You're gonna scare them all away! :p

rainbow
July 28th, 2006, 10:26 PM
OMG....I feel so old. :sad: i don't know any of these songs. :(

But, I like Prin's grandmothers saying:

"I'm glad I have a song stuck in my head. Other people have far worse things in their heads."

:D :D :D

Prin
July 28th, 2006, 10:28 PM
lol Rainbow, american music is from the 80's... You were cool then weren't you?:D

rainbow
July 28th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Oh, for sure....I'm still cool. :cool:

Maybe, it's because I don't remember names/titles but once I hear the song it all comes back. :o

OMG....is that the beginning of Alzheimers??? :eek:

Frenchy
July 29th, 2006, 11:46 AM
I will join you on this Rainbow,I don't know what the heck the younger ladies are singing :frustrated: :D

jiorji
July 29th, 2006, 12:58 PM
I regret watching that stupid Hasselhoff video, because now it's still playing in my head!
that thread should've come with a warning.:frustrated: :yuck:

mastifflover
July 29th, 2006, 01:05 PM
New song for today Psycho Killer by the Furs heard it about about 7 this morning and still singing it. That Hasslehoff video was very scary

Puppyluv
July 29th, 2006, 01:10 PM
I regret watching that stupid Hasselhoff video, because now it's still playing in my head!
that thread should've come with a warning.:frustrated: :yuck:
LOL, I've watched it about 20 times now, and it too is my new ear worm.. I'm not sure if it's any better than the Wiggles..

rainbow
July 29th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Well I'm going to change the tune so to speak. ;)

The SPCA has a commercial on TV right now that has Sarah McLaughlin (sp?) singing "In the Arms of an Angel" and showing the shelter animals. It is so sad and it brings tears to my eyes every time I see it. :sad: Not only do I have the song in my head but the pictures of the poor animals as well. :sad:

Do you guys get that commercial back there (it's on Global TV) or is it just the B.C. SPCA that is airing it?

Prin
July 29th, 2006, 06:29 PM
It's just the bc one, but I've seen it (satellite...).:(