Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Down in the Valley - 2005

marko
July 27th, 2006, 09:29 AM
I just saw this film at Cinema du Parc (which is closing - I CAN'T believe it) and I loved it.

This is an excellent drama (and somewhat of a 'Western') - though I can see how some people would say it's a bit slow and a bit long at times. It does have a slower pace, but there's a lot going on and it gives you quite a bit to think about. When I left the film, I thought about it for a good hour or two. That's rare these days.

The plotline is pretty basic; a stranger comes to town and stirs things up. I don't want to give too much away.

But the stranger is actor Edward Norton who will win an academy award for best actor during his lifetime GUARANTEED. In this film he is VERY convincing as the cowboy stranger that comes to town. Evan Rachel Wood who plays Tobe the rebellious teenager is also excellent, as is her brother Lonnie (Rory Culkin)

Other notable elements in the film include the camera work which is very interesting in many scenes. The music adds to the film bigtime an has an edge of suspene to it.

I give this film a 9/10

mastifflover
July 27th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Haven't seen it yet but I love love love Ed Norton brilliant actor. I cannot believe he did not win an academy for American History X he was so believable.

Prin
July 27th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Aww it's closing?! What the hey!?

Sounds like a good movie though.

jesse's mommy
July 27th, 2006, 06:14 PM
I'm so glad you posted about this movie. I've been wanting to see it.