Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hi everyone

TMac
July 26th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and thought I'd drop in and check out the place. I'm owned by a big goofy Golden named Toby. Right now he is going through his teenage years so its quite challenging. We adopted Toby from our local humane society but he actually turned out to be a registered purebred, so we lovingly call him our "bargain dog". Prior to Toby we had 2 and a half wonderful years with our senior dog, a yellow lab named Griffey. You might be able to tell I have a bias towards retrievers.

Anyways - hello everyone. I look forward to our discussions!
:ca:

LibbyP
July 27th, 2006, 06:57 AM
Oh I see TMac you have a thing for blondes? ;) Welcome to the forum I hope you find tons of helpful hint and tips on 'How to get you through the Teenage Years' doesn't it just amaze you what treasures you can find in a shelter, I wish others would try looking there instead of going to a PS. :thumbs up on finding Toby, look forward to chatting sometime

Cruiser
July 27th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Welcome Tmac,nice to hear you have a big bundle of joy there.I have a Y lab too,age 13 now.Enjoy your Toby for many years ahead.

TMac
July 28th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Thanks Libby P and Cruiser!

Actually my Golden is more of a red-head. We actually had left our names at the shelter for them to call us if another Lab came in. We intended to see if we could get a chocolate lab. They called us in to see a yellow lab but he had so many medical issues, and we had just been through tremendous heartache and medical turmoil with our old lab that we weren't ready for that. So they asked if we thought about getting a golden since they happened to have one there, and well.......now he's our guy!
:pawprint:

Frenchy
July 29th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Hi TMac and welcome to this forum.I'm own by 3 goldens + foster (goldens are like chips,you can never have just one:D ) mine are all seniors but I did have those teenager fosters,lots of fun!I would love to see pictures of Toby,if you could.

TMac
July 31st, 2006, 12:05 PM
Hi Frenchy

I'm going to see if I can figure out a way to post Toby's picture. Wish me luck! If it works the way I think it will, then then this photo is of Toby on the left and his 'cousin' (my brother's dog who has since passed) - black lab named Snickers.

:pawprint:

phoenix
July 31st, 2006, 12:16 PM
Toby is lovely!

LibbyP
July 31st, 2006, 12:30 PM
Nothing wrong with a red head;) Toby is a very handsome boy

Frenchy
July 31st, 2006, 06:15 PM
They are both adorable!Thanks for the pic.