Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog sitting...

Prin
July 26th, 2006, 07:49 PM
I had to show her off...

Here's Foxy, the 4.5lb min pin I'm watching for the next 10 days (next to my tea cup Boo...) She's shorter than his leg from his elbow to his wrist.:D
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/Princi9009/Jemma%20Boo%20June%20July%202006/IMG_1719.jpg

Maxine
July 26th, 2006, 07:57 PM
OMG! this is so cute to see!:p I hope they get along well :thumbs up

Maxine

Prin
July 26th, 2006, 07:58 PM
My doggies are a little iffy... They don't understand her jumping on furniture and all the zipping around yet, but hopefully in a few days, they'll all chill out..

wdawson
July 26th, 2006, 08:13 PM
boo looks like a gentle giant next to the mini pin:D

technodoll
July 26th, 2006, 08:18 PM
aaaaah dat's so cute! lookit that wittle face... so you can put her in a big purse and bring her everywhere, right? that's the only thing missing from big dogs, LOL :p

mastifflover
July 26th, 2006, 08:27 PM
How cute Boo has the most beautiful coat. Is it really as soft as it looks? Boo really looks disinterested

Prin
July 26th, 2006, 08:33 PM
lol yeah, too bad I don't carry a purse... :D After a life of big dogs, I don't think I could stand the attention of carrying a little one around.

Boo the gentle giant is getting annoyed...:evil: :D

I'm hoping by the end of the week, I can actually get them to sit side by side for a pic and be happy about it...

(At least the crappy stick on tiles are useful to show the size...:D)

Oh- Boo IS that soft. He's like a bunny.

jiorji
July 26th, 2006, 09:04 PM
her eyebrows makes her look a bit terrified hehe but she's SO SO SOOOOOOOOO cute!

boo " Oh I see there's a new one now. Fine! maybe if i lay low i'll be small and cute too" hehe

guess who's #1 on my potential dog babysitters list when I get a dog??...................no ....guess again

can we get more pictures?? :D

Prin
July 26th, 2006, 11:07 PM
lol Who's gonna babysit then? :D

As for pics, Jemma and Boo are a little tired (read: crabby) so I'll give them some time off... For now.:evil:

Prin
July 27th, 2006, 11:09 AM
K, now I'm too crabby to post pics. lol She insisted on sleeping UNDER the covers and woke my up every hour.. Everytime Jemma or Boo moved/breathed/sighed, she would run out the top of the blanket, across my hair and onto the floor. Then she'd realize it was nothing and run back over my hair and then start scratching to go under the covers again.:frustrated: And if the noise wasn't loud enough to warrant the entire run, she'd just come out, cross my hair and then sit on my chest and watch. :rolleyes:

I'm so used to big dogs who sleep through thunderstorms (well, some do) and through neighbors moving, etc....:love:

jiorji
July 27th, 2006, 12:30 PM
LOL oh come on! how cute is that??you couldn't tape that??:mad: :p (....new emoticons!):cat:

that happens to me everynight. My cats often chase each other in the middle of the night across my bed and the tubby cat makes a loud thud when she jumps on the bed hehe ...and the other cat often walks by my head to get to her pillow and purrs loudly in my ear until I wake up. You know, just to make sure I'm asleep :evil:

Prin
July 27th, 2006, 12:34 PM
lol I'm glad you enjoy that... I miss having just my Boo and Jemma. They'd lie with me in bed ON the covers and cocoon me in solid. I'm so afraid to crush the little one that I sleep so rigid. I'm surprised I'm not sore.:D

Here are some from today...
Boo being a nice guy... (Hard to see the black on black...)
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/Princi9009/Jemma%20Boo%20June%20July%202006/IMG_1745.jpg

It's a crappy pic, but you get an idea of the size...
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/Princi9009/Jemma%20Boo%20June%20July%202006/IMG_17401.jpg

Jemma: I'll just stay here till it's all over.
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/Princi9009/Jemma%20Boo%20June%20July%202006/IMG_1747.jpg

meb999
July 27th, 2006, 03:49 PM
LOL! Jemma looks traumatized!!

Prin
July 27th, 2006, 04:01 PM
lol she is.. She's just trying to avoid the little one, which ends up facinating the little one even more.:D

chico2
July 27th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Poor Jemma and Boo,they probably wonder where that little scary creature came from:D
Those little legs look so easy to break,I would be afraid to have her in my bed...Did she not come with a crate??
She is adorable though:love:

Prin
July 27th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Yep, she did come with a crate, but she's a very human-dependent doggy... I'm not used to the whole crate thing.. She's in there now because I'm cooking things outside and she can slip out faster than I can see her (kinda like a rat). I don't really like her being in there... It's called her "home", and she likes it there, but I don't. The door is always open and her blankets and things are in there with her food (my doggies don't fit).

I have to crate her sometimes though because I'm going out on Saturday for a while and I don't want her to cry the whole time or not expect it or something (she's a shoe chewer...).

I could never crate when I'm asleep though.:(

chico2
July 27th, 2006, 04:17 PM
I never liked the idea of crating,nobody crated dogs when I had dogs,but I guess it can be convenient at times..

mastifflover
July 27th, 2006, 04:36 PM
I don't crate either but aren't you afraid you are going to step on her. My godness Boo has toys that are bigger than that. Still cute but way too small for me.

Smiley14
July 27th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Oh Prin, those pics are so adorable! It really shows the massive size difference! :eek:

I house-sat my friend's very overweight Min-pin a few weeks ago while she was visiting family out of state and it was quite exhausting as well. I thought we would all be fine since Billy and Petey are fine with my sister's Min-pin, but this one was just a little monster! Poor Billy rarely left the kitchen window or hid on top of the fridge and poor Petey was quite jealous and stuck to me like glue...way more than normal and would bark everytime I let Princess (the fat little monster, lol!) onto the bed. I was debating getting another dog, but after that experience, decided to wait. :)

But anyway, your pics are priceless, thanks for sharing them!! Hope you're able to get more sleep, lol. :)

Steph

Oh, and I never crate either. It took me almost five months of searching petfinder.org to find a dog that didn't have to crated! Petey was the first one I found and I snatched him up! :)

Prin
July 27th, 2006, 07:05 PM
I don't crate either but aren't you afraid you are going to step on her. My godness Boo has toys that are bigger than that. Still cute but way too small for me.
lol she's pretty good at avoiding getting crushed. Little doggies like this are so on edge all the time, even when they're sleeping soundly, they're awake.:D Not like big doggies who you can step on and they don't even wake up.

Definitely a higher maintenance doggy than I'm used to. I mean she's sitting on one of my arms as I type... She's not 100% house trained either, so I have to inspect the hallway before going through in socks... Hopefully tonight, she'll chill out.. She hasn't slept all day...

At first I thought, hey! A dog this tiny? Good idea! The man won't be able to say no to that. But hopefully he'll see that she's more work and takes up more room than the big guys.:D

Prin
July 27th, 2006, 07:06 PM
oh, I forgot to mention- my doggies shed so much and she's so tiny- this morning she threw up just dog hair. :eek: :sick: :yuck: