Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

bitten? stung? or just silly kitty?

Embra
July 26th, 2006, 04:37 PM
I have a bug catching indoor cat. I believe he got stung or bitten last night. His left eye is foggy and he seems to have a little bit of pain with it. He has a "tick" every so often he will flinch a bit and throw his head to the right and have his mouth open a bit. I don't see any swelling ( but it is hard to see that kind of stuff on a long haired black cat ). Has anybody ever had this type thing happen? He is still eating and drinking regularly and is haveing no trouble breathing. He also seems to be extra paranoid, when I make any noise at all he throws his head and seems to have trouble figureing out what I am doing. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Embra

RVT092481
July 26th, 2006, 04:42 PM
A trip to the vet would be in order.
Eyes are pretty important things. I don't play around with any injury or suspected injury to an eye.

Stacer
July 26th, 2006, 04:44 PM
I'd take him to the vet, a foggy eye can't be good. He's probaby blind in that eye if when you make a noise he throws his head and has trouble figuring out what you're doing. I had a cat that was blind in one eye and he would have to turn his head quite a bit more to see what was going on and he was also a little bit more jumpy due to his blindness. Your cat should see a vet.

rainbow
July 28th, 2006, 05:15 PM
How is your kitty? Have you taken him to the vet yet? :pawprint: