Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Uncle Monty portrait finally finished!!

BoxerRescueMTL
July 26th, 2006, 04:34 PM
I am SO excited Uncle Monty's portrait is finally here! I just looked at the artist's website and it is on the front page - I am a proud momma. We miss Monty so much and having this painting done really helps us. I feel like a little bit of Monty is back with us.

http://www.portraitpaintings.blogspot.com/

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3820/1620/1600/montyforweb.0.jpg

Prin
July 26th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Wow, it's beautiful! :highfive:

poodletalk
July 26th, 2006, 05:00 PM
It's beautiful Crystal!

chico2
July 26th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Awww,Uncle Monty:love: he looks beautiful!!
Great paintings,very well done:thumbs up

BMDLuver
July 26th, 2006, 05:27 PM
awwwwwwww... could reach out and hug him. It's awesome.

meb999
July 26th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Nic didn't believe me that its a painting!! He looks beautifull and peacefull and sweet -- just like I remember him :)

jesse's mommy
July 26th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Absolutely gorgeous painting. Beautiful.

Lissa
July 26th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Oh my goodness! It is beautiful! I can imagine what it means to you and your family!:love:

The soft colours are so nice and Monty's eyes are precious. Was this painted from a real picture or did the artist come up with the idea? Monty is expressing so much love!:love:

Where are you planning on hanging it?

OntarioGreys
July 26th, 2006, 08:55 PM
That is gorgeous, how did you ever find this artist?

Would you mind terribly sharing info on the artists pricing.

I would like to get something done with Nikki and Maya, may redo something with Sunny and Callie

I already have a portrait of Sunny and Callie, done as a digital watercolour, which I was not all that happy with Sunnys head looks like it is pasted in place

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/mleg2001/fb0e7514.jpg

mastifflover
July 26th, 2006, 09:38 PM
He looks so real like you could pat that regal head. I hope you have many many hours of joy looking at it. It is beautiful Ontariogreys your dogs are gorgeous

BoxerRescueMTL
July 26th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Oh my goodness! It is beautiful! I can imagine what it means to you and your family!

The soft colours are so nice and Monty's eyes are precious. Was this painted from a real picture or did the artist come up with the idea? Monty is expressing so much love!

Where are you planning on hanging it?
OMG Chris and I were so happy when it got here! It is really like having a little bit of Monty back here with us. It is painted from a real picture, I'll find it and post it. We have it above the fireplace mantle in the living room. Our house is open so you can se it when you come in the front door, from the kitchen, basically anywhere. We're going to be getting it framed this week too. Maybe I'll take a pic when it's all framed an hanging.

BoxerRescueMTL
July 26th, 2006, 09:52 PM
That is gorgeous, how did you ever find this artist?

Would you mind terribly sharing info on the artists pricing.

I would like to get something done with Nikki and Maya, may redo something with Sunny and Callie

I already have a portrait of Sunny and Callie, done as a digital watercolour, which I was not all that happy with Sunnys head looks like it is pasted in place
Thanks! We found him in the back of Modern Dog magazine. He had an ad, and we checked out his website - he has a painting there of a boxer and when we wrote to him we found out it was his own boxer, Osiris, who was 13 years old :) Sadly Osiris passed away last month..but because of Osiris we felt very drawn to the artist. If you PM me I'll give you an idea of the cost. Our painting is quite large - I think it is about 3ft x 3 ft..and I know cost changes for different sizes and if the backround is plain or not.

BoxerRescueMTL
July 26th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Here is the photo. In the photo, Monty's ears are cut out but we supplied the artist with other photos of his ears, close ups and different angles.

http://www.breederoo.com/users/monty/images/photos/gallery/22171.jpg http://www.breederoo.com/users/monty/images/photos/gallery/22173.jpg

technodoll
July 26th, 2006, 10:09 PM
you should see me right now, gaping jaw! stunning, absolutely stunning. this artist is truly gifted, he captured monty's soul on canvas... it literally bathes in golden light. someday when i have extra cash, and get that special photo, i will get the beanies done. thanks for sharing with us crystal, that really made my day! :highfive:

BoxerRescueMTL
July 26th, 2006, 10:26 PM
thanks for sharing with us crystal, that really made my day!
My pleasure totally. I was os excited I couldn't keep it to myself. I had to tell some pet people! I knew ya'll would "get it".

Prin
July 27th, 2006, 12:15 AM
I love how the painting is Monty airbrushed.. :D Less greys, less chinny redness, no rabies tag...:thumbs up

It really does look great.

Dog Mom
July 27th, 2006, 09:34 AM
OMG that is amazing it's sooooo life like.

BoxerRescueMTL
July 27th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Thanks everyone :) It's nice to be able to share our Monty!
I love how the painting is Monty airbrushed.. Less greys, less chinny redness, no rabies tag...
hehehe it's like he's in Vogue...or Glamour...

Prin
July 27th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Canada's Next Top Monty...:D

rainbow
July 28th, 2006, 05:29 PM
What a handsome boy and a beautiful portrait.

glasslass
July 28th, 2006, 08:16 PM
That is unbelievable! The portrait looks so lifelike and natural. You'll have to send the link to this thread to the artist so he can get all the hurrahhs! He did a terrific job!:thumbs up

Luvmypit
July 31st, 2006, 11:57 AM
AMAZING!!!Wow that artist is truly talented.

Certianly does capture Monty's soul. So inviting and beautiful.

Congrats.. Let the artist know he has some fans!!

BoxerRescueMTL
July 31st, 2006, 12:10 PM
Thanks guys!!! I will definitely send him this link, lol.

mummummum
August 1st, 2006, 12:35 PM
What a wonderful tribute to Monty and testament of your love for him and he for you.