Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Job Interviews

Stacer
July 26th, 2006, 01:26 PM
I just got back from a job interview. I haven't had one in nearly 4 years. I had completely forgotten how nerve wracking it is. I had a hard time sleeping last night, this morning I couldn't eat, I get gassy when I'm nervous, so as you can imagine it was not a good scene. I fretted the entire way to the interview, and my heart rate was really high as I sat waiting to be called in. And now I have a headache from all of the stress. I am glad that it's over! Now I just have to wait for THE CALL! Anyone else have adverse reactions to job interviews, or is it just me?

jessi76
July 26th, 2006, 01:41 PM
I've been interviewing lately too. I just walk in, hold my head high, and hope for the best. The night before I interview, I try to make time for myself. A little "pampering". Do a pedicure (complete w/ foot spa), manicure, facial, etc... so I look my best. But really the main purpose is to de-stress. (and matching nails & toenails w/ open toe shoes never hurts)

so, did the interview go well?

Stacer
July 26th, 2006, 01:50 PM
I think it went well. It took a while for me to feel comfortable talking with the interviewers, so I stumbled a bit at the beginning, then as I became more comfortable I was much smoother. They seemed to like my responses and I even got a compliment on my resume! So I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Maybe for my next interview I'll destress the night before, sounds like a good idea.

jessi76
July 26th, 2006, 03:04 PM
They seemed to like my responses and I even got a compliment on my resume! So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

my :fingerscr are crossed too! keep us posted.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
July 29th, 2006, 09:07 AM
:fingerscr Oh yes I hate job interviews - can't sleep the night before - then feel totally nervous as you dont know what to expect.

My last interview started with an online interview,
then an automated telephone interview (a computer generated voice asked you questions)
then a personality test (what words describes you best, then a math and typing test,
and then a hour and half behavorial interview.....

I thought maybe I had blown it at the final interview - but I did get the job. That is after going through about 2 other interviews in the past few month.

Then I found out all the people they hired in Vancouver didnt have to do any of this - and they got hired. :sad: I guess its easier to get a job in the big city.

Good luck - :fingerscr

Stacer
July 29th, 2006, 06:13 PM
JECM, that sounds much more stressful than what I went through. That gives me hope that I'll get this job. I think they're going to call on monday or tuesday:fingerscr :fingerscr

rainbow
July 29th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Good Luck Stacer. :fingerscr :fingerscr

Joey.E.CockersMommy
July 29th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Stacer originally posted

JECM, that sounds much more stressful than what I went through. That gives me hope that I'll get this job. I think they're going to call on monday or tuesday

well okay it wasnt all in one day ;)

good luck I will keep my fingers crossed for you - do you happen to know how many people interviewed.

glasslass
July 29th, 2006, 10:10 PM
I'm :fingerscr also! :thumbs up

Stacer
July 29th, 2006, 11:44 PM
Thanks guys! I'm not sure how many people they were interviewing, I know they were doing 2 days of interviews with a minimun of 3 or 4 interviews a day, so maybe 8 people, possibly a bit more. I'll let you all know if i get the job.