Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat having kittens, need to know something..

2Weiss
July 25th, 2006, 02:46 PM
We had a stray cat show up at our acreage in spring and she miscarried her first litter of kittens. She then got pregnant right away and today is having her second litter. I was hoping she would have them in the house we built her but she has decided to have them under an old truck tool box that we have. So far she has had one kitten and I'm not sure how many she will have this being her second litter. My question is she was so cuddly with me before today. Now she wants nothing to do with me as she is growling and hissing every time I go near her. I'm just going to leave her alone. I want to know if and when I can move her and the kittens to a better spot. I don't want the kittens to become wild so I'd like to be able to have access to her and her kittens. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

jiorji
July 25th, 2006, 04:08 PM
you have to wait until she's done. ANd I wouldn't touch them until they're a few days/weeks old. She doesn't want you to touch her b/c she's vulnerable and protective of her new kitten. I'd give her space and food and water ...and maybe a blanket to sleep on