Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Just alittle long **** RANT****

LibbyP
July 25th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Okay am I being oversensitive, child care is a thankless job, where the parents get to make you feel bad, because it makes them feel better. Last week when it was too hot for words *Jimmy* was done swimming, didn't want his shirt on, thats okay we're in the shade, dad comes 'Why isn't his shirt on?' On the weekend *Jimmy* went away to Long Point camping, they were gone from Friday to Sunday pm. *Jimmy* comes back Monday everything is fine with his mom, day goes well, dad comes to pick up, dad very cold and quiet and questioning (didn't have a hat on, trust me when I tell you I am VERY pro sunscreen and hats on all times, when the kids are in the pool(little one) we move the umbrella over so they are in shade etc...) It is now just after 4pm and they are drawing chalk on the sidewalk, dad grabs hat from me and puts it on *Jimmy's* head, *Jimmy* takes it off again as he needs to put his bike helmet on, away they go. Today mom comes, she informs me that they found a Tick on the underside of *Jimmy's* penis, WOW :eek: :o I'm shocked but not surprised they just came back from camping, mom informs me that DAD SAYS HE GOT IT FROM HERE ON MONDAY, and mom says he's determined that it came from here.I am not at all happy:mad: , dad in the past has blamed little things on here, if you are so unhappy take him somewhere else, I've cared for *Jimmy* for 2yrs now and I am very good to them. What should I do, I know I'm mad right now but I know by the time dad comes I'll be very upset. Sorry it's so long, and thanks for reading I just had to get it off my chest

Melinda
July 25th, 2006, 08:36 AM
Hi Libby, I've had the same trouble with my clients, I invite them for a sit down chat and put all the cards on the table, tell them if they aren't happy then they are welcomed to go elsewhere, 9 times out of 10 there is an underlying problem.

Mahealani770
July 25th, 2006, 10:20 AM
I have so much respect for you child care providers, especially now a days where you all get blamed for EVERY little thing. I couldn't do it. It's too much responsibility to take care of other people's children and I've seen too many Dateline specials where the children start accusing everybody under the sun of molesting them. It's just too much stress and not worth being sent to prison over a small child's wild imagination.
Anyway, if I were you...I'd say, "Hey! Weren't you all just camping for crying out loud!!??" Seriously, put the cards on the table and don't let those parents walk all over you!:fingerscr

mastifflover
July 25th, 2006, 10:22 AM
I agree if they are not happy than they can find another day care. I bet it is from camping as well. Sounds like the dad is blaming you for something that happened somewhere else.

BoxerRescueMTL
July 25th, 2006, 10:25 AM
All sunscreen, shirts and hats aside (if he was really running around all day without, he'd be burned no???!!) - are you really supposed to be checking his penis for ticks?!?!!? Somehow I think they should be more upset if you were doing that :eek:

Jackie467
July 25th, 2006, 03:00 PM
what I don't get is how is a tick your fault even if he did get it at your place? It's not like you stand there looking at him with a magnify glass and say "oh theres a tick trying to bite him, Oh theres a masquito trying to bite him, oh my that blade of grass almost touched him" I mean getting bite by bugs is something that is going to happen to every child at some point. And as far as the hat if the child won't wear it he won't wear it, what do they want you to do about? and if he isn't burned that what difference does it make if he wears the hat or not?

LibbyP
July 25th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Thank you everyone Here's alittle update when *Jimmy's* dad came to pick him up, I had talked with my hubby before he went to work as seeing I am not very diplomatic (and I know this) and if I were to start the conversation.... well lets just say it wouldn't go well:o So I waited to see if dad said anything, first words out of his mouth, SOOO did *Tina* tell you we pulled a tick off *Jimmy* and I'm quite sure he got it from here, I was so in control of myself at this time I think I did quite well, Yes she did, and I'm quite surprised that you think he got it from here when we've been living here now for 3 yrs and never, ever have we found anything on the animals or kids or ourselves for that matter, it would be more likely that he got it camping. End of conversation, dad packed *Jimmy* up and before he left, see you Wed. It was all over very quick as my other parents came to pick up at the same time. If I was really over this I would let it go but oh no I'm NOT, hubby isn't working Thurs so we'll see how the conversation goes then. Or should I just let it go, until the next little thing?

Prin
July 25th, 2006, 09:12 PM
I'd say let it go till he brings it up again...and then... :evil:

Cinnabear
July 26th, 2006, 01:25 AM
I think you need to have a side conversation with this man. He is obviously not happy about something. At least if it's out in the open you would know what's wrong. Have your hubby there for moral support and easier communication between the dad and you. Then you would know if they truly want you as a daycare provider.