Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Parvo, need advice.

MatrixCode
July 24th, 2006, 06:55 PM
where the heck do I start ,,,we had a litter of 6 beautyfull JRT's very healthy till the 14th. week and all heck broke loose, dispite them never leaving the yard or house 1 got the virus and was off to the vet and put in isolation and given iv fluids and anti-vomiting meds. back an forth up and down he went. now into the start of the second week 2 more showed symptems and off to the vet they went and were put on support the same way. the first pup was improving well and got to come home the second pup was touch and go and then passed away a few days later. pup 1 now starts to decline again and is going back and forth to the vet for sub-con fluids and injections for the uncontroble vomiting and is hardly eating, has to be forced a few crumbs and a tsp of nutri-cal along with 3 6cc. of pedialyte every 1.5 hrs. pup 3 came home the other day and is really doing well is up to 2tsp food and 1 tsp nutri-cal and readly drinks water, ive been through alot of different things in my many years having pets BUT NEVER NOTHING LIKE THIS! i am doing everything i can, and what the vet says and right to the letter. this is very exausting and taking its toll on me as we are now into the end of the 3rd week of every 2hr care. if anybody has ANY Sugestions or tips PLEASE PLEASE let me know!! thanks for taking the time to read this and for any help you might have for my little one's.

erykah1310
July 24th, 2006, 06:59 PM
How horrible, Parvo is the saddest thing ever, I had a rottie pup i had to put down from parvo.
I have no advice im sorry, but I really hope things improve.
Parvo is SO easily transmitted. You could have brought it in the house on your shoes.
Keeping my fingers crossed for the pups!
Keep us informed

rainbow
July 24th, 2006, 07:02 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of your situation. I don't have any advice either but just wanted to say Good Luck. :fingerscr :fingerscr :fingerscr Keep us posted. :grouphug:

MatrixCode
July 24th, 2006, 07:19 PM
as of now i beleave i have a masters degree on transmision and disenfecting, we do have alot of coons and cyotes lately and who knew about taking a walk or what might be on your Tires ,,,, yes i did say your tires!!!! WHO KNEW!!!!! my hands are still peeling and raw from all the bleaching, this is one of the the most hartbreaking and sadist things i have ever gone through, ya-know ya do everything you possibley can and you feel like you are trying to paddle backwards up niagra falls. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

momof6
July 29th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Allow yourself the room to be tired, angry, sad, and frustrated at your situation. Watching your babies be sick, and possible dying is one of the hardest things in the world. If you are following vets orders and doing everything right...remind yourself of just that. You are doing everything that you can and your puppy is lucky to have someone that will put in the time, money, energy and heartache that it takes to care for them properly and be with them during this awfull time. It takes an emotional toll to be in your situation, and you need to make sure you talk to someone who is supportive. You and your puppy will be in my prayers. :pray:

rainbow
July 30th, 2006, 12:17 AM
MatrixCode....how are your precious babies doing? Please give us an update. :pawprint: