Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

clavamox

annie-22
July 24th, 2006, 05:25 PM
my american cocker spaniel,"couch potato' 14 yrs. gets a problem with a fungus or bacteria in the folds of his mouth. i wash with soap and water but he also needs some clavamox but i cannot afford the office visit charge. is there any way to get some without a prescription?

erykah1310
July 24th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Clavamox is only available by prescription. You will have to go to the vet to get some.
Also, I dont reccomend using soap and water to wash it. Could just be irratating it more. you actually need something that will aid in the drying of it.
Good luck

mastifflover
July 24th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Do you have a humane society near you if they have a vet on site and you explain you cannot afford both the meds and the visit they may see your dog or direct you to someone who can help. My vet will take payments if you cannot afford the whole bill. Call your vet and explain your situation Good luck
PS you can probably order them online they never even checked with my vet for the prescription and I had one. They barely check for humans. If it is the same thing the dog gets everytime and you have the strength. Bud gets the same pills that cost 4.00 each on the net 5.00 at the vets.