Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Its getting harder and harder to hold back

erykah1310
July 24th, 2006, 06:12 PM
As some of you may remember... I had a moral or perhaps spiritual or something like that issue a few months back. Ifell for this great guy, we talked one night, and really let out our feelings

The thing is... He was my best friend all through highschool, we drifted when i met my bf ( cause he didnt want me talking to him anymore and stupid me DID IT:mad: )
Now we are getting close again, and I know its there for him too. We work together now so we see each other everyday. And on weekends I make a point to go to his place for a little "fix" :o
I really like him, actually I have fallen for him completely.
This is the guy that my mom always said i would marry ( but back then, i didnt believe her)
Im not saying that i want to marry him, but i have to know if ever it would work between us. I just dont want to lose what we already have.
Iwould rather have him as a best bud then nothing at all.
Anyone been here before????
Please help me out:o

rainbow
July 24th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Now we are getting close again, and I know its there for him too.

How do you know? Has he told you? If not, perhaps you should be up front and ask him and then take it from there.

erykah1310
July 24th, 2006, 06:39 PM
ya he did say that when we had our chat, and i can tell, you know when you know someone so well??? there isnt anything that you can hide from eachother?? ( Hope you understand what im saying other wise i sound like a nut case :o )

mastifflover
July 24th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Go for it the best relationships start as friendships. If you don't you will always wonder what would have been. As long as he feels the same. Tell him why you are apprehensive he may be feeling the same way.

LibbyP
July 24th, 2006, 07:09 PM
I think everything starts from a great friendship, like mastifflover said tell him why you have reservations, I worked at a place long ago while I had (bf X), met a really great guy working there, became friends even though (bf X) said NO, to bad, broke up with (bf X), started hang out with friend - alot, I had No idea anything was happening.... one thing lead to another and 11 yrs later we are happily married with two :crazy: kids and still the best of friends, sorry to go on like that but I hope to see brighter days ahead for you and this new/old friend:fingerscr

rainbow
July 24th, 2006, 07:10 PM
LOL...we all sound like a nut case when we first fall in love. :D So, the next time you have a "chat" why don't you bring up the subject of moving in together? :D

jiorji
July 24th, 2006, 07:36 PM
lol it's funny that you ask "Anyone been here before???? " whan I think each love story is different. But I know what you mean. You're afraid to take the step in case you end up with less than more in the end.

well here's what I can say...nobody can give you the answer to this. But.....you drifted apart and then your paths crossed again. I personally would think that's for a reason and if you finally get the guts to talk to him about that I think it would bug you that you waited to make the move.:rolleyes:

How are you going to know if things work out if you don't try? If he's a best friend I can almost guarantee he won't be upset or get angry if you offer him your love. Don't you agree ?? ;) :love: Suggest a dinner date to him and see what happens. The rest will unfold by itself I think and who knows? Engagement later on this year? lol :cool:

I can't wait to see what happens. good luck :)

erykah1310
July 25th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Well this week he is in a different office ( but... IM going there on Thursday morning ;) ) However, I just have to find a good time to talk to him about this. Im heading over there tonite for an after work wobbly pop ( as we do everyday) But his roomie is always there. ( another co worker and good friend from highschool)

I will be sure to keep yall posted on any progress, regardless of how much time it takes me to do it:o

jiorji
July 25th, 2006, 07:25 PM
just make sure you're the last one to leave. The roommate will eventually go to sleep

rainbow
July 28th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Well this week he is in a different office ( but... IM going there on Thursday morning ;) ) However, I just have to find a good time to talk to him about this. Im heading over there tonite for an after work wobbly pop ( as we do everyday) But his roomie is always there. ( another co worker and good friend from highschool)

I will be sure to keep yall posted on any progress, regardless of how much time it takes me to do it:o

Update? :D And, forgive my age, but what's a wobbly pop? :o

Prin
July 28th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Good luck! I hope you get your "wobbly pop" soon.:o :clown:

erykah1310
July 28th, 2006, 08:07 PM
PRIN!!!!! Im not sure if your mind as gutter prone as mine but....... :eek:

Update? And, forgive my age, but what's a wobbly pop?

Nothing really to update, we travelled together on thursday, but... It was REALLY REALLY early ( and i was kinda busy singing like a fool to help wake me up :o )
Wobbly pop = Beer ( caution of prins potential interpretation ;) )

jiorji
July 28th, 2006, 08:22 PM
pffff........ beer

i like Prin's interpretation better

LM1313
July 28th, 2006, 10:28 PM
Ohhhh, BEER!

I was thinking, "Well, gee, it sounds like you're pretty close already . . ."

rainbow
July 28th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Oh, I love wobbly pops....especially Kokanee. :D