Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Amazing how things change....

erykah1310
July 23rd, 2006, 09:54 PM
I just have to comment on this, I know someone who was all for the Pitbull ban and trying to tell me and convince me that they were evil dogs who were bred for killing and so on..... You know total media type rebuttles.
I didnt ever really feel like getting into it too much so i just let it be and said, that i didnt agree with it and that was all.
Well just recently... now that thier dog has been pegged as a Pittie ( another Rottie/Boxer mix) this person is all against the Pit bull ban.

I also must add that recently this person has also done a LOT of research on Pits and other bully breeds and know is at least armed with facts.

It amazes me how peoples minds change so quickly once they are in the cross hairs too.
:rolleyes:

Prin
July 23rd, 2006, 11:14 PM
My old neighborhood was full of bad pitties, so I had a bad attitude about them too.. But all I had to do was meet one nice pitty... :love:

glasslass
July 24th, 2006, 12:01 AM
I tended to avoid them too, because of their bad publicity. But after joining this forum, I became more aware of them after seeing their photos and hearing their stories. Now I try to make a point to meet them when I'm out and about, like at Petsmart. And every one I've met has been great. No, I won't make play dates with them for Den-Den and Corky, but that's because Den-Den is defensive around bigger dogs since he was attacked by neighbor dogs 2 years ago. Also, unless I know the other owner personally, I can't trust that they've been responsible with their training. And I know in my heart that if Den-Den got in trouble with another dog, it would probably be from his own making caused by his fear. It isn't an issue anyway because he's always leashed and with me.