Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

my 1 yr old dog

gwtjrt
July 23rd, 2006, 08:36 PM
hello i writing this in hopes someone can help me out i have a 1 yr old part blue tick part beagle dog my son went to feed him today and noticed a big bald spot on it's back right at the bristles. It was not there saturday when i fed him there is no dired blood or anything just looks like he has been shaved down to skin in that part our vet is not open until 9 am in morning does anyone have any suggestions???:usa:

Prin
July 23rd, 2006, 10:57 PM
Um... Why does it sound like the only time you see this dog is when you feed him?

btw, we can't really diagnose skin things over the internet. It's safer for your dog to head to a vet.

gwtjrt
July 23rd, 2006, 11:13 PM
:sorry: my dog is an outside dog i am recovering from a broken knee cap and he comes up on deck when he is fed is why the dog is only seen by me at feeding and son plays with him everyday :usa:

gwtjrt
July 24th, 2006, 01:51 PM
just for information i took the dog to the vet this morning he said it was what was known as a hot spot caused by the sun where the dog would be in the sun then it rains on it and causes staph infection he gave him a steroid shot and some antibiotics!!!!!!!!!! you have a very informational site!!!!!!!!:usa: :thumbs up