Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

remix music?

raingirl
July 23rd, 2006, 08:07 PM
Do you like remixed music? Do you like it when your favorite songs are remixed?

I think it all depends on the song, but there are certain artists that I love it when I hear anything new/remixed by them. Those artists being Sarah McLachlin and Depeche Mode.

I probably own more than 5 versions of each of their most popular songs. I currently have 12 versions of Possesion by Sarah...I know, seems like overkill, but I can't get enough. And none of the 12 are live (I can't stand live music).

Anyone one else have obsessions with remixes of certain artists/songs?

Prin
July 23rd, 2006, 08:20 PM
I don't like it when they remix... If the original artist backs it, then maybe. But otherwise, no.:o

raingirl
July 23rd, 2006, 08:29 PM
yeah. Unauthorized stuff no... but the real stuff, yes.

I went through a faze for years where if I really LOVED a song, I would buy the single, because that would often have multiple versions/remixes of the song.

for instance, the radio version of the song "naked eye" by lucious jackson is not on the album. The only place to get it was the single.

My single of "posession" by sarah mclachlin has my favorite version, which is a simple acoustic piano version. I love it.

I really like the remixes Delirum did of a bunch of Sarah's songs, but with her permisson.

I also like Barenaked Ladies a lot too. They have a bunch of "itunes orginals" versions of their songs that I like. (come on...they went to my highschool! Their song "grade nine" is about my highschool!!)

i guess I just like to overkill songs i Really like...

technodoll
July 23rd, 2006, 08:29 PM
but there are certain artists that I love it when I hear anything new/remixed by them. Those artists being Sarah McLachlin and Depeche Mode

whooooooooo girlfriend now you speakin' my language :D DM is part of my DNA, LOL! i even have DM tribute albums, how's that for bad, LOL! i got tired of sarah though but still love her older stuff. yes remixes are cool... you can get a mellow or club or dark version of the same song, aaaaah... hey did you like dave gahan's solo album, Paper Monsters? :o

raingirl
July 23rd, 2006, 08:55 PM
I have only heard tidbits of paper monsters, but I like it so far. I don't have the 9.99 to buy it on itunes though. I only buy stuff I know I really like already.

I will have to see if anyone has the album so I can borrow it.

I have a copy of A Broken Frame on Vinyl, UNOPENED!! I was like 5 when it came out, but I was looking through some records at a garage sale around 1995, and some guy had it, and it wasn't even opened. got it for 50cents! I don't even have a record player!

technodoll
July 23rd, 2006, 08:58 PM
I have only heard tidbits of paper monsters, but I like it so far. I don't have the 9.99 to buy it on itunes though

PM me your mailing address, if you want... i'll burn you a copy of the album, it's terrific :) one of my friends said "it's comforting, like eating tapioca" - ok i HATE tapioca but i understood what she meant, LOL!

:crazy:

erykah1310
July 23rd, 2006, 08:58 PM
I love remixes, some of them are not good but for the most part i dont mind the odd retake on a song, kinda spices things up in the music world

CyberKitten
July 25th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Not really - I usually like the song the first way I heard it. I guess that makes me somewhat of a traditionalist, lol (Though I have to admit I like to listen to different versions of songs. I liked Madonna's remake of American Pie but still prefer the original). And I thought Mary Travers sand John Denver's Rhymes and Reasons better than he did but those are not the norm, lol