Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Food for Bassett Hound with BKD disease

stroker42
July 23rd, 2006, 04:05 PM
I have really been asking alot from the group here and I am sure my questions will slow down soon. I have got the food from my Vet which is suppose to be exactly what Mona needs. I was wondering if someone out there could give me a few basic ideas as far as easy meals to go along with the Dog food. Is boiled chicken and rice good for dogs with Kidney problems?

I also give Mona and our other dog bones from the butcher. The bones just have the marrow inside. Both dogs love to play and fight over them(Play fight). ANyway, I know there are menus on this site but was just curious as to the simple meals that can be given along with the food the Vet sent home.

Thanks

Puppyluv
July 23rd, 2006, 04:37 PM
Has she been put on a low protein or a high protein diet? From what I've read, they are put on low protein only if the BUN is below 80. What is her BUN? Knowing this will help in ideas. (I don;'t want to reccomend protein sources if she is uremic)

stroker42
July 23rd, 2006, 05:38 PM
for some reason they did not send those records home with my wife yesterday. I will go get them and post them tomorrow.

Thanks

Puppyluv
July 23rd, 2006, 05:41 PM
well failing that, on the food the vet gave you, what is the % protein? (should be listed near the ingredients)