Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

WARNING!-EXTREMELY GRAPHIC- The Dog Meat Market

pitbulliest
July 22nd, 2006, 07:32 PM
Please sign this petition and pass it along far and wide!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/985195393?ltl=1153608378

technodoll
July 22nd, 2006, 09:35 PM
you bet i signed it!!

those photos were not new to me but it's just brutal to see that again. :mad:

Rottielover
July 22nd, 2006, 10:10 PM
I def signed it. This was the first time I saw those pictures, and I really wish I hadn't. My stomache is now so upset.
I am going to go hug and kiss harley now, and thank god he was born in canada

Golden Girls
July 22nd, 2006, 10:28 PM
As horrendous, appalling, obscene, abhorrent and inhuman this is to watch - reading some of the people's comments is really hypocritical!

I wonder how many people ate meat after witnessing and signing this horror that they think only exists in other countries? This barbaric treatment does not start and stop with dogs. This horror is what our animals are put through in our own slaughterhouses - millions are slaughtered every single day in a horrible and painful way just to please the taste buds :confused: so if watching this really really horrified you ... maybe today one less animal will have to die.

It's harsh but it's the truth!

Lissa
July 22nd, 2006, 10:50 PM
Signed and passed on - absolutely horrific!

I am right with you GG! Slowly one step at a time I will be a vegetarian too!

greaterdane
July 23rd, 2006, 02:53 AM
I signed and am disgusted. I too have seen similar pictures before. I wish I could be there to make more of a difference. I would have 600 dogs rather then the 6 I have now.

chico2
July 23rd, 2006, 07:53 AM
I do not look at pics about cruelty,but we have have been discussing this before.
Without looking,I am sure it's about China or some other Asian country.
I agree there aret horrors in our own slaughter-houses and other instances,like the annual seal-hunt and I wish it was not so,but at least we are aware and hoping to change the process.
But the horrendous suffering of cats,dogs,bears,tigers,turtles etc,etc..in China and many other Asian countries,be it for food or sexual prowess and the total disregards for other living beings is sickening to say the least.
Just yesterday on TV,the WWF showed bears in China who live their lives in small cages,a tube permanently in their livers to extract bile twice a day,until the bear mercifully dies.
This is lifelong torture of innocent animals and although our farm-animals are slaughtered,most of the time,their lives are not a continues torture.
I personally do not buy anything Made in China,not that I make a difference,but it eases my mind somehow!!

Buddy's Heart
July 23rd, 2006, 08:31 AM
Disturbing to know that this practice just keeps on rolling. These eople are so out of tuned with what is right, that everything they seem to do with animals is wrong. Where is the education, where is the government.

Absolutely terrible, Prayers be with all the animals

Lise
July 23rd, 2006, 08:40 AM
Horrible pictures I definately signed.Any animal that dies so horribly and without reason deserves our sympathy and we should be outraged about it's death,dog,cat ,cow ,sheep ,chicken whatever.I stopped eating six years ago I could longer say that any life was any less important or relevant just because I didn't know it.

Lise
July 23rd, 2006, 08:42 AM
stooped eating meat missed word

technodoll
July 23rd, 2006, 10:30 AM
if anyone cares about animals not being tortured during their short lives as human feed, then please don't eat veal. EVER. :sad: this is not happening in china, it is happening in our own back yards. same with foie gras. it is just sick :mad:

A byproduct of the dairy industry, veal production takes the lives of about 1 million baby cows each year. Male calves are separated from their mothers within a day of birth and loaded onto transport trucks—headed either to auction to be bought and raised for veal or straight to the veal farm. There, they are confined, often tethered so that they can’t move at all, and isolated in dark crates. They are fed an anemia-inducing diet to make their muscles pale and weak for veal. If you are eating veal, you are consuming a sick baby animal.

Foie Gras—French for fatty liver—is the grossly enlarged liver of a duck or goose. Medically known as hepatic lipidosis, foie gras is a disease marketed as a delicacy. Birds raised for this gourmet cruelty are force-fed enormous quantities of food through a long metal pipe three times a day. This process of deliberate and painful overfeeding continues for up to a month, by which time the birds’ livers have swelled up to twelve times their healthy size.

The process of forced feeding is so traumatic, and the confinement and conditions on foie gras farms so debilitating, that the pre-slaughter mortality rate for foie gras production is up to 20 times the average rate on other duck factory farms

:(

doggy lover
July 23rd, 2006, 06:54 PM
yep signed sealed and delivered

100%doglover
July 23rd, 2006, 07:08 PM
This is just horrible, makes me sick!

I do have to say that Golden Girls does have a good point though.... I'd just like to add that we see dogs as man's best friend and the thought of them being consumed is appaling to us. Well I wonder how hindu people view us eating cows they consider holy! Even if an animal is viewed as meat (and eating a dog is just unthinkable to me of course), the abuse and torture of an animal is just never acceptable, not for any reason. The pictures are brutal....

chico2
July 24th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Factory-farms,in my view are no better than puppy-mills:evil:
Many countries are changing for the better,with the animals well-being as a priority,even though they are destined for slaughter.
I read Swedish newspapers and a new animal-cruelty law has been introduced and implemented.
One example was the miserable life of Minks in cages all their lives,they now HAVE to have a life as close to their natural habitat as possible,no more cages in a barn.
If this is not feasable for the Mink-farmer,the business is shut down:thumbs up
To add to TechnoDolls 2 examples,Lambs are also often force-fed and endure a terrible short life..
However,not to minimize our own treatment of food-animals,but the incredible cruelty and torture of anything edible in China goes beyond human acceptance.
Their human rights records should be enough reason to stop dealing with China,but in the end,it's all about $$$$$:sad:

Golden Girls
July 24th, 2006, 08:41 AM
If this topic does not interest you, please move on. This is for the ones who might want to make a difference or at least is willing to keep an open mind.

It is cruelty beyond comprehension and to look at or read what is going on is animal cruelty and exploitation at it's worst. Words cannot describe it. Like some of you it's not my first reading either but because I read it - it forced me to see the distinction of the cruel suffering our own animals go through so we can eat them. If you think not - visit a slaughterhouse, do you think they feel any less pain or that you would feel less horrified?

You also bring up a good point 100%Doflover - they do not consider dogs as pets - it's meat << and no it does not justify the cruelty behind it ... the point is just as some don't see the distinction between animals raised as pets or raised for food, as long as you don't meet your meat ... it's not cruelty?

Golden Girls
July 24th, 2006, 09:25 AM
IMO the reason why our government is turning a blind eye on puppy mills is directly linked to the food industry.

Mahealani770
July 24th, 2006, 10:43 AM
These pictures are the most horrible I've ever seen:sad: . I will not be able to sleep at night without visions of those poor dogs' legs tied behind their backs and cans strapped over their mouths. I'm weeping and sickened beyond description. Those pictures are burned into my mind forever and my heart aches for those poor souls:( . Needless to say, I signed the petition.
Human beings make me sick :mad: .

rainbow
July 24th, 2006, 04:50 PM
That is just sickening. I definitely signed it and forwarded it to everyone on my email list.

chico2
July 24th, 2006, 05:10 PM
We can sign petitions until we are blue in the face:evil: in a country like China,where they remove organs from political prisoners,like Falun Gong members,to be transplanted in to wealthy Chinese,do you really think they care what we have to say about animals???
Do we really believe petitions are going to change anything:confused: :confused: Of course it does not hurt either..
Our own government will not stop import of cat/dog fur from China,even though cats are often skinned alive and their bodies discarded still breathingdis,they won't because Canada also deals with this kind of fur,that was the answer from OUR government!
The fur on the hoods of jackets sold in this country is more often than not cat-fur from China,life-like cats sold in curio-shops and gift-shops are said to be rabbit-fur if you ask,but there are orange tabbys,brown tabbies etc....absolutely not rabbit.
Sorry for ranting,I wish I had not dredged all this up again:sad:

rainbow
July 24th, 2006, 05:16 PM
You're absolutely right Chico but, sometimes, it just makes you feel like you've done something to voice your concern even though deep down you know nothing will be done about it. :mad:

Cathy1
July 24th, 2006, 05:27 PM
How sick.Signed and passed it on.

Stacer
July 24th, 2006, 05:27 PM
I didn't know if I wanted to click that link after reading what you all had to say. I did and I wish I hadn't, those images were hard to take. I signed it. I often wonder if those online petitions actually do anything. Who is that particular petition going to be sent to? There are nearly 3000 names on the petition, here in canada you only need a minimum of 25 signatures to make a petition valid, when and who will this one be sent to, I don't have much faith that online petitions make a difference. In situations like that you need people there physically and actively opposing this horrendous behaviour.

Golden Girls
July 24th, 2006, 05:46 PM
I believe signing petitions is one way to speak out for the animals. It shows we see, we care and it's not acceptable. Another very important factor is education. It's about not looking away and fight with whatever you got for animal rights.

It doesn't really matter how you go about trying to make a difference just as long as you do. What's right or wrong for one might not be neccessarily be for another. Animals are in need of our of help in so many areas ... whether it be meat, fur, labs, zoo's or circuses.

But it has always been and will be always be about money so making sure your not supporting it is the first step.

erykah1310
July 24th, 2006, 06:17 PM
That was horrible! Signing and sending!!!!!!

chico2
July 24th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Golden Girls,I did not mean don't sign petitions,if there is even a small chance we can influence any agency to fight for the right of animals,any animal,suffering in the hands of humans,it's well worth it.

It worked in India,where the"Untouchables"Indian Gypsies,made a living off the suffering of"Dancing Bears"on the streets.
Their lives was a life of incredible pain and suffering,from the time they were caught as cubs.
Enough tourists complained and a local animal-activist,together with a group of people,convinced the Indian government to put a stop to this horrific practice.
The Gypsies were compensated for each bear and Dancing Bears are now illegal and a thing of the past.
It was wonderful to see the bears being released in to different sanctuaries to live out the rest of their lives without pain and suffering.
Mind you,this was done mostly for money,the money tourists bring in to India.
China is a totally different story:evil: